position title: account manager
location: atlanta, Georgia
position id: 6005
Responsible for sales and market identification and development of pressure sensitive adhesives, tapes, films, and other specialty products into the aerospace market, focusing primarily on military, airline, MRO, and the aerospace supply chain primarily within North America with some global requirements. Required to work with engineers and R&D teams. Aggressively explores new customers to find new applications and new technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies market potential, estimates potential sales, and develops sales strategy which will result in the greatest market share.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategy for products which will result in the greatest share of the market and satisfactory profit/loss ratio over the long run: reviews strategy with Manager. Negotiates price changes with customers and vendors.
- Regularly communicates with customers providing sales and technical support. Coordinate various customer issues and presents solutions.
- Introduces new products and new technologies to existing customers and makes effort to expand use of products.
- Solicits potential customers and makes presentation of products and services.
- Investigates business potential for new products and technologies and reports findings to management.
- Works closely with customer and sales team assuring appropriate levels of inventory to meet customer demand.
- Communicates with various levels of management, technical staff, customer support personnel and representatives of affiliated companies to discuss customer requirements and coordinate response activities.
- Maintains records associated with sale of product including pricing, sample shipments, data sheets, catalogs, etc.
- Prepares monthly sales forecasts and weekly sales activity reports. Creates reports of customer visits.
- Works closely with customer analyzing application needs; communicates application needs to R&D department and makes recommendations to customers. Assists in developing new products to meet customer’s application needs.
- Maintains awareness of competitor’s activity and industry business trends.
- Works closely with Manager to assure strategic promotion of products.
- Proactively reports information to management for cultivation of Area Niche Top (ANT) and Global Niche Top (GNT) products. Looks for opportunities to expand our business in areas of ‘Green, Clean, and Fine’ technology’.
- Handles special projects as requested by Manager.
- Competencies based on the Hay Grade and Competency Level above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information, general business periodicals and legal agreements. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, and members of the business community. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to make technical presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management, and various levels of employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred; or five or more years’ experience in sales and marketing in the aerospace markets; technical products helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in government and international business (trading) is helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, cooperative, stable demeanor.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of sensitive information. Contacts with customers and potential customers requires tact and discretion.
- Ability to exhibit international perspective with sensitivity for cultural and language differences.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to manage individual budget/expense.
- Ability to travel to customer locations and affiliated companies.
- Ability to perform duties and tasks of substantial variety and complexity.
- Ability to rely on experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Proficient in Office 365 or related software required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and/or WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(Typical physical demands and the work environment characteristics an employee must meet and encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The role offers:
- A base salary of 90-100K
- a 20% bonus opportunity (with x3 escalator potential)
- a car allowance of $600 per month
- 16 days of vacation to start (22 days after 1 year) and other excellent Medical & corporate benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels and characteristics of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Management has the right to change duties at any time to meet business needs.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at 440-772-1015.