JOB TITLE: Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Base Sales
LOCATION: Hackensack, NJ
Position ID: 5828
Responsible for technical sales and product specification process of pressure sensitive tapes, films and other company products. Required to work with engineers, architects, and R&D teams and distribution partners. Aggressively explores new customers to find new applications and new technology; maintains and expands existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identifies market potential, estimates potential sales and develops sales strategy which will result in the greatest market share.
2. Regularly communicates with customers providing sales and technical support. Coordinates various customer issues and presents solutions.
3. Introduces new products and new technologies to existing customers and makes effort to expand use
4. Solicits potential customers and makes presentation of products and services.
5. Investigates business potential for new products and technologies and reports findings to management.
6. Communicates with various levels of management, technical staff, customer support personnel and
representatives of affiliated companies to discuss customer requirements and coordinate response
7. Coordinates sample request from customers and reports to management on evaluation of customer’s
8. Maintains records associated with sale of product including pricing, sample shipments, data sheets,
9. Prepares monthly sales forecast and weekly sales activity reports. Creates reports of customer visits.
10. Works closely with customer analyzing application needs. Coordinates development of products to meet customer’s need. Makes recommendations to customers based on feedback from R&D.
11. Maintains awareness of competitor’s activity and industry business trends.
12. Works closely with Manager to support promotion of products. Assists with product related
technical exhibitions and shows.
13. Proactively reports information to management for cultivation of Global Niche Top (GNT) and Area Niche Top (ANT) products. Looks for opportunities to expand Our Business in areas of‘ Green, Clean, and Fine’ technology’.
14. Communicates with the Credit Department and assists with setting up new accounts and reconciling
disputed claims and past due balances.
15. Handles special projects as requested by Manager.
To perform the job effectively, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and must be able to:
Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; and, use intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; and, use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback; respond to customer requests; and meet commitments.
Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively; vary writing style to meet needs; and, read and interpret written information.
Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; and, align work with strategic goals.
Strategic Thinking – Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understand organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities; and, adapt strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision making process; and, make timely decisions.
Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; and, follow through on commitments.
Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; and, deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve efficiency; and, complete work in a timely manner.
Dependability – Follow instructions, respond to management direction; keep commitments; be punctual; commit to long hours when necessary to reach goals; and, complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, Engineering degree preferred; five or more years’ experience in sales and marketing; technical products helpful; or a combination of education and experience. Experience in international business (trading) is helpful.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS with ability to:
Read, analyze and interpret information, general business periodicals and legal agreements.
Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors and members of the business community.
Write reports and business correspondence.
Make technical presentations.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management, and various levels of employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY to:
Define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Act as a resource to others.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
An employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES To Have:
1. Influence others.
2. Strong interpersonal skills.
3. Maintain a friendly, cooperative, stable demeanor.
4. Work with a wide variety of sensitive information. Contacts with customers and potential customers require tact and discretion.
5. Exhibit international perspective with sensitivity for cultural and language differences.
6. Understand and communicate technical issues.
7. Strong organizational and follow up skills.
8. Work independently within established guidelines.
9. Manage individual budget/expense.
10. Travel to customer locations and affiliated companies.
11. Perform duties and tasks of substantial variety and complexity.
12. Rely on experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
13. Requires proficiency in Windows computer environment including: word processing, spreadsheet,
database management, electronic mail and presentation software.
14. Adapt to a computerized business system.
If you have the experience required and are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly (440) 772-1015.