position title: account specialist
location: san jose, california
position id: 5984
The Account Specialist is responsible for providing technical sales and product specifications for company products. Develops and maintains relationships for current and upcoming programs; works aggressively to explore new customers to find new applications and new technology; maintains and expands existing accounts. Liaises with engineers, and R&D teams and distribution partners. This role is offering a competitive salary in the 6-figure range base with a bonus potential of 20% and an annual car allowance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Identifies market potential, estimates potential sales and develops sales strategy which will result in the greatest market share.
- Regularly communicates with customers providing sales and technical support. Coordinates various customer issues and presents solutions.
- Introduces new products and new technologies to existing customers and makes effort to expand use of products.
- Solicits potential customers and makes presentation of products and services.
- Investigates business potential for new products and technologies and reports findings to management.
- Communicates with various levels of management, technical staff, customer support personnel and representatives of affiliated companies to discuss customer requirements and coordinate response activities.
- Coordinates sample request from customers and reports to management on evaluation of customer’s requirements.
- Maintains records associated with sale of product including pricing, sample shipments, data sheets, catalogs, etc.
- Prepares monthly sales forecast and weekly sales activity reports. Creates reports of customer visits.
- Works closely with customer analyzing application needs. Coordinates development of products to meet customer’s need. Makes recommendations to customers based on feedback from R&D.
- Maintains awareness of competitor’s activity and industry business trends.
- Works closely with Manager to support promotion of products. Assists with product related technical exhibitions and shows.
- Proactively reports information to management for cultivation of Global Niche Top (GNT) and Area Niche Top (ANT) products. Looks for opportunities to expand company business in areas of ‘Green, Clean, and Fine’ technology’.
- Communicates with the Credit Department and assists with setting up new accounts and reconciling disputed claims and past due balances.
- Handles special projects as requested by Manager.
- All other duties assigned by company management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Safety– Acts by placing safety before everything else; ensures safety compliance; works with co-workers to establish a safe and secure workplace.
Customer Oriented– Understands current and potential stakeholders and customer needs and provides solutions and products that exceed expectations; customer satisfaction brings value to our stakeholders.
Change & Vision– “Go Gemba” with curiosity to stay close to others'(customer/people involved/market) and anticipate and drive changes.
Challenge and Persistence– Continues to take on challenges without fear of failure; persistently challenge; embrace change, exercise curiosity and keep moving forward once a decision has been made.
Speed– Acts promptly with a sense of urgency; take the first step forward and then think while advancing.
Teamwork– Collaborate effectively with others to achieve better to superior results; share information openly, have equal and fair discussions and work together as a team to bring out the best possible result.
Self-Development– Constantly strives to acquire and achieve new capabilities; anticipates challenges, implements reforms and bring about growth in the spirit of “Mu-Gen-Dai”.
Integrity & Diversity– Acts with healthy sense of crisis, in accordance with the spirit of “Open, Fair, and Best”.
Communication – Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively; vary writing style to meet needs; and read and interpret written information.
Business Acumen – Must understand business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; and align work with strategic goals.
Strategic Thinking – Must be able to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understand organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities; and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
Analytical – Must be able to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; and use intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Motivation – Must be able to set and achieve challenging goals; demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles; measure self against standard of excellence; and take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing – Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people; and develop realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Must be able to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; and follow through on commitments.
Adaptability – Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, Engineering degree a plus; three to five years’ experience in sales and marketing; technical products helpful; or a combination of education and experience. Experience in international business (trading) is helpful.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual English / Japanese preferred.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Intermediate skills level in Microsoft Office 365; JD Edwards a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and communicate technical issues.
Strong Interpersonal skills
Ability to influence others.
Strong organizational, time management and follow-up skills
Ability to travel 50% of workday by air/car.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Strong negotiation skills
Ability to work independently within established guidelines.
Ability to perform duties and tasks of substantial variety and complexity
If you are interested in this role and believe you are qualified, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.