POsition Title: Business Devlopment manager
location: bay area, california
position id: 5935
- We’ve partnered with an established, China-based adhesives and functional coated films manufacturer who are positioned for ongoing double-digit year to year growth based on service and value-selling of key products in markets such as automotive, consumer electronics and industrial engineering.
- We’re searching a Business Development Manager – US Converter Markets who has a solid understanding of how to build business organically and strategically, has a strong technical background and familiarity with release liner and films applications, and is able to thrive remotely while being a key internal contributor in a fast-paced development and feedback ethos.
- Leverage the company’s value propositions to develop introductions and new pathways to opportunity discovery
- Define the necessary value / supply chains for co-partnering on new opportunities (where applicable)
- Develop new accounts and partners by leveraging the company’s existing relationships as well developing new ones through various cold marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with a global team and provide customer-centric focus and direction
- Develop account plans and deliverables for building pathways and better understandings of customer needs for successful account penetration
- Contribute to the ongoing development of strategic product placement and development strategies
- Develop customer opportunities and projects which become part of the company’s revenue pipelines
- Develop distinguishing strategies and metrics for both short-term and longer-term customer opportunities.
- Execute multi-level relationship building within Key Accounts
- Develop application-level understanding of customer and product needs.
- Share intelligence and expertise to assist with internal BU’s overall strategy development and execution.
- Work with fellow Sales Executives, Technical Team Members and Management to achieve the annual sales and margin targets.
The successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree – BSc/BEng or higher in Business Administration, Marketing, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics
- 5+ years in technical sales / account management / marketing / business development selling Release Liners, Functional Films, or Tapes solutions into major converting markets.
- A solid understanding of the p/s materials, release liners, and films supply chain industry and technologies is a must.
- Working familiarity with SalesForce or any other CRM
- Familiarity working with Asia-based support teams.
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus, but by no means essential.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume via our candidates page.