Position title: Business Development Specialist
Location: San Jose, CA
Position ID: 5867
Details from the company:
To deeply study the core technologies and businesses and help align America’s product development to use those core competencies to design new products that succeed in the Americas, driving ANT. On-site position in our San Jose, California office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews VOC forms submitted by customers through our website for products outside BASE and TPB markets
- Work with NDC key businesses (BASE, Medical and Membrane) both in the US and in Japan
- Map our company’s key technological competencies to determine areas of strength and weakness
- Map our company’s key business activities (B2B, B2C, marketing presence) and correlate with our company’s technological competencies to identify areas of strength and weakness
- Research and maintain database on key emerging markets for new product development
- Identifies market potential, estimates potential sales and develops sales strategy which will result in the greatest market share.
- Learns and utilizes our company’s instance of Saleforce.com for referred opportunities
- Regularly communicates with customers providing sales and technical support for projects responsible for. Coordinates various customer issues and presents solutions.
- Introduces new products and new technologies to existing customers and makes effort to expand use of products.
- Solicits potential customers and makes presentation of products and services.
- Investigates business potential for new products and technologies and reports findings to management.
- Communicates with various levels of management, technical staff, customer support personnel and representatives of affiliated companies to discuss customer requirements and coordinate response activities.
- Maintains deep knowledge of competitor’s activity and industry business trends.
- Proactively reports information to management for cultivation of Global Niche Top (GNT) and Area Niche Top (ANT) products. Looks for opportunities to expand our company’s business in areas of ‘Green, Clean, and Fine’ technology’.
- To evaluate and select highest potential product opportunities for development and manufacture – Recommendation
- To promote projects through S/G process – Recommendation Analysis and decision of best potential solutions for an identified customer need – Decision
- To provide data which reflects the scope and scale of activities concerning this job. These items need to be annualized, quantifiable, and numerical amounts. For example, sales volume, production volume and value of goods produced.
- Identify and manage at least 5 total S1 and S2 projects per year from Stage 0 through to full development or cancellation per Project Pipeline rules.
- Learn diverse technologies and businesses in a multi-national organization
- Understand key challenges with existing technology
- Apply that knowledge to S2 projects (new technology in existing markets) and S1 projects (new technology in new markets) to profitably grow our company’s production and sales in the Americas
- Become a key contributor to identification and development of ANT (Area Niche Top) products generally (including expansion of existing technology into new markets.)
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering or science, preferably chemical or mechanical engineering, or a market specific degree such as aerospace, biomedical, or materials engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Fluency in Japanese and experience with Japanese culture required; native level English skills required.
- Demonstrated aptitude in product development through education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales and marketing through academic study and/or real-world experience.
- 0 to 4 years of post-baccalaureate experience.
Commensurate with attaining a technical degree.
The following are preferred:
Experience in international business (trading) is helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and/or WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(Typical physical demands and the work environment characteristics an employee must meet and encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
*Frequent travel in the US and abroad required.*
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him directly at (440) 772-1015.