Position title: Coating supervisor (3rd Shift)
Location: Long island, NY
position id: 5929
The Coating Supervisor has managerial and operational responsibilities. This position is accountable for the manufacturing of products within the coating department that meet the customer and internal qualifications with regard to quality, timelines and costs which are comparable or superior to competition. This individual is responsible for work safety, good manufacturing practices and environmental protection awareness with special attention given to fire and explosion hazards. As a member of the plant management team, the Coating Supervisor provides input and demonstrates leadership to support the plant’s operating plans and strategies.
- Ensure the department is operating in accordance with company principle/policies/guidelines.
- Ensure the department’s assets are utilized and maintained optimally to yield products that meet quality and cost standards.
- Provide input for improvements and/or capital investments to achieve/maintain quality productivity levels.
- Ensure that department staffing is properly organized, trained, motivated and supervised so that people understand company standards/policies/principles and work towards targets and goals.
- Set targets and goals for operating units to achieve continuous improvements with regard to safety/service/productivity.
- Rigorously enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Develop personnel through one-on-one review sessions, training and project assignments to utilize their potential and build qualified back-ups for key positions including his/her own.
- Maintain production schedules, coating records and raw material usage as required.
- Participate fully in appropriate task committees.
- Monitor employee performance, conduct personnel evaluations, reprimand individuals, if necessary and initiate termination procedures if appropriate.
- Initiate all required purchases and work orders.
- Responsible for the department’s compliance with the company’s ISO 9000 certification requirements.
- Perform a variety of other tasks of equal or lesser complexity as assigned.
The position offers:
- Base salary in the 70-80k range
- Annual Bonus opportunity
- Full Corporate Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Life, and 401k company match
- Career growth at a large, well established manufacturing site.
- The individual should have the ability to read and write in English.
- The individual should be a high school graduate.
- The individual should have at least 5 years hands-on experience in the coating industry.
- Must possess strong leadership and people development skills.
- Basic computer skills are a must.
- Advanced education in a related field is a plus.
- Must have exceptional dependability to work additional time when needed.
Watch this video for further details:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (440) 772-1015.