position title: multi-site controller
location: long island, new york/ or/ Rhode island
position id: 6008
About the Company:
At our leading global manufacturing company, we create innovative packaging and engineered adhesive tape products that we believe make life better for people and the planet. We do this every day by leveraging our unmatched global capabilities, sustainability leadership, and deep innovation expertise to serve customers of all sizes around the world. Harnessing the strength in our diversity and industry-leading talent of over 40,000 global employees across more than 250 locations, we partner with customers to develop, design, and manufacture innovative products with an eye toward the circular economy. The challenges we solve and the innovations we pioneer benefit our customers at every stage of their journey.
The parent company is billion dollar, US based & global manufacturer of specialty polymer and plastics and engineered materials. They are looking for a strong leader with experience of a minimum of 3-5 years as a Controller (or related role) within a manufacturing facility. It is responsible for all operating budgets, delivering standard costs, reporting closing statements / Financial results, assisting with weekly budgets, and managing a staff of 4 people. The position reports to a VP of Finance.
As a member of our Finance team, the Plant Controller will ensure that reported plant results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This person will also help improve financial performance by working closely with Plant Management, Operations, Product Line Management, and Sales.
- Prepares operating budget for the plant.
- Develops standard product costs including material, labor, and overhead allowances.
- Complete monthly financial closing on schedule.
- Report financial results.
- Compare actual monthly performance to plan and explain variances to plan.
- Assist with weekly forecasts.
- Direct preparation of cost estimates for new products.
- Assist plant personnel in identifying and measuring cost reduction projects.
- Perform analysis of results to identify opportunities for improvement by management team.
- Provides financial guidance to all departments.
- Enforces and adheres to all safety rules.
- Performs any additional duties and projects as may be required from the Director of Finance and Plant Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience
- 4 Years’ experience in a public or private industry.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency and interpersonal skills.
The company offers:
- Base Salary range of 100-130k
- 10% Annual Bonus potential based on company performance
- Relocation (along with temporary housing assistance)
- Excellent company benefits
- 401(k) plan with company match
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.