Position Title: Chief Operating Officer / Head of Division –
Location: Chicago or Los Angeles
Position ID: 5872
Imagine a company that recognizes excellence not only the products it sells, but also in its employees. We are that company. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism — and we treat our employees like the valuable assets they are.
The Chief Operating Officer / Head of our Division, reports to the CEO for the Company, and will have responsibility for managing the operational performance and Profit & Loss of the converting division.
As a key member of the executive team, the Head of Division will provide effective leadership, direction and operating direction, to ensure compliance with all local and national laws and policies and procedures. Responsible for driving growth and oversight of performance across manufacturing and delivery management to optimize growth, market share and achieve financial and non-financial business objectives .
The primary purpose of the position is to lead the company’s two manufacturing facilities located in Illinois and California. The Head of the Division will spend time traveling between locations to learn the company’s services, how he or she can actively and positively impact the performance to achieve its financial targets.
Key to the success of the position holder is his or her ability to translate the sales & customer service vision into strategies and plans that enable growth. To succeed in the company culture, the Head of Division will possess good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to navigate effectively through the organization. The candidate should be willing to address important matters that may come up after hours or be able to attend meetings at odd hours to accommodate the needs of the organization.
The position is both a strategic and hands-on role. Ideal candidates will have held a senior P&L role in a mid to large organization but because of limited staffing, be willing to perform many duties without delegating. There will be significant travel required for this position up to 50% as this is a customer focused and team facing position.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Division are as follows:
- The Head of Division should quickly become able to drive the business strategy to ensure optimal utilization across our company in conjunction, drive labor strategies and equipment strategies to help ensure optimal utilization across the business.
- Coach, counsel, and drive key leaders on the team to develop good practices while at the same time challenge operational practices not consistent with overall company objectives.
- Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer
From a leadership standpoint, the Head of Division will have experience affecting directly or indirectly a large group of employees, helping them to unite under a common purpose of achieving outstanding results. The Head of Division will identify and implement innovative ways to enhance performance and drive the continuous growth and profitability improvement of the business. It is essential that the person selected for this critical role will have technical credibility, strategic sales, operations management & financial acumen, leadership, motivational and well-honed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive experience in Operations Management (P&L) at a Senior Level.
- Highly preferred to have experience with fast growth and rapidly changing organizations.
- Experience in leading M&A process at plus
- Capacity for learning the company’s organization, business model and culture along with the company’s services portfolio
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate and influence others.
- Proven skills for teamwork and collaboration
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Congenial personality with the ability to lead, persuade, encourage, and motivate.
- Ability to bring out cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, end users, and contractors; demonstrates and approachable presence
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at (440) 772-1015.