position title: cost estimator
location: chicago, illinois
position id: 6001
We have an excellent opportunity for a Cost Estimator based in Chicago with a manufacturer of precision die-cut components. The company is searching for an Cost Estimator (Pricing) for engineered solutions to a wide variety of industrial markets. This company is based in Chicago (near Cicero) and has a good company culture, and reputation as a leader in the converting, components and die-cut engineered parts markets.
We are seeking a Cost Estimating / Sales Engineer to join the Chicago team. You will be exposed to many aspects of how to run a business from sales and quoting to vendors and purchasing. Additionally, you will work closely with several teams including sales, engineering, and our President to ensure accurate estimating of custom die-cut component parts. You will be the conduit between our sales team and our supplier network by helping facilitate quotes to our customers as quickly as possible.
The likely candidate will enjoy learning technical knowledge, have strong math skills and enjoy finding better ways to do things. To be successful in this role, he/she will need to be process-minded, able to juggle many projects simultaneously, time-efficient, and a great communicator with both our sales team and suppliers. A hard-working, roll-up your sleeves attitude is a must.
- Reviewing 2D CAD files and PDF part drawings
- Speak with Sales and reviewing customer specific requirements via our CRM
- Negotiate costs from key raw material vendors
- Estimate Bill of Material costs and associated labor costs to manufacture
- Develop best part layout for maximum raw material usage
- Coordinate with engineering and production on proposed process plan
- Formalize DFM (design for manufacture)
- Formalize quotation and communicate key cost drivers to sales and management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong math skills
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Experience reviewing 2D drawings
- Experience in materials converting a plus
education & training:
- Mechanical Engineering experience preferred but degree not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
about the company:
We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified global leader in manufacturing precision die-cut component parts made of innovative flexible materials for customers in the electronics, automotive, and medical industries.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume or CV to email@example.com or call directly to 440-772-1015.