Position Title: Demand manager
location: Southern Pennsylvania
position id: 5953
The Demand Manager is responsible for aspects of Supply Chain, which includes customer service, scheduling, planning of Chemical Operations in southern PA. In addition, the Demand Manager is responsible for maintaining control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, planning, scheduling, routings, and cost to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
Customer Service, Scheduling and Planning
- Facilitates S&OP at a Global Level.
- Management of the Customer Service Team
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of orders to meet OTD targets.
- Provides ETD for all orders shipping from this site.
- Sets priorities for the Operations based on Business Objectives and Efficiency of Production.
- Leads scheduling activities, including development of the master production schedule.
- Plans and establishes production schedules using ERP and APS system; allocates work to the proper work centers; monitors inventories of materials; tracks progress of production; makes necessary modifications to schedules; re-issues orders due to revisions.
- Monitors and report on accuracy of the production plans and schedules.
- Manages capacity requirements planning.
- Oversees planners and schedulers as direct reports.
- Manages the disposition of obsolete and excess inventory.
- Manages inventory forecasting and report on variances.
- Provides insight to purchasing department for key raw materials purchases.
- Upkeeps MRP to optimize material flow.
- Directs all cycle counts and yearly physical inventories.
- Focuses on minimizing materials carrying costs, obsolescence, and premium transportation costs while maximizing inventory turns.
- Ensures inventory accuracy and drives for continuous improvement activities to meet inventory reduction plan.
- Accurately performs work assignments and computer transactions that are required to adjust inventories and support the order management system; accurately perform calculations using various units of measure.
Systems and Reporting
- Works with cost accounting department to report, track and analyze manufacturing variances, inventory, inventory reserves and accrued liabilities as they relate to operations.
- Assists cost accounting to manage the ERP (Oracle) upkeep for part numbers, BOMs, routings and costing while expanding our ERP functionality to provide new data to maximize accuracy and company profit.
- Establishes and monitors the Key Performance Indicators for the materials and planning departments such as scrap avoidance and BOM accuracy.
- Effectively communicates with other associates, lead operators, and supervisors.
- Achieves department goals and objectives to support top line growth.
- Participates in training and assists with training, where applicable.
- Completes required verifications and paperwork/documentation, accurately and neatly.
- Effectively communicates operational status within function as well as across division and company.
- Regularly monitors key metrics and communicates status versus goals; identifies and implements continuous improvement actions as warranted; makes identifiable and substantial contributions to continuous improvement of the process and product quality.
- Conducts all aspects of position in a professional, respectful manner consistent with the company’s Guiding Principles and the Corporate Quality Policy; embraces & champions 6S LEAN culture; organizes personnel workspace and appearance consistent with corporate professional image.
- Performs work according to SPAR’s, WI’s, verbal instructions, and all company policies.
Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Requires a 4 year college degree (Preferably Supply Chain Management) and 5+ years of supply chain function experience in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- In depth knowledge of Materials Requirement Planning.
- Experienced using Advanced Planning Scheduling software – APS.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices.
- Requires the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
They are offering a starting base salary of $130-135k, along with other benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please send you resume to email@example.com or call directly at (440) 681-2625.