position title: business development director
location: central pa
position id: 5998
Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s Division Business Development function to achieve company financial goals and growth targets.
- Represents the company in a professional manner and with the utmost integrity.
- Develops extensive network of potential clients and works to identify, evaluate & prioritize potential opportunities.
- Leads company Market Backed strategy development process.
- Outlines and executes the company’s future technology, strategic and sales growth roadmap.
- Actively secures JV partnerships and strategic commercial partnerships to grow topline sales.
- Manages key strategic commercial opportunities prior to Stage One in the Stage Gate process and then turn over to Sales.
- Works in attaining new work plans for the company.
- Attend 8-10 conferences annually and/or tradeshows to secure partnerships/key growth opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of key customer engagement; orchestrates generation and maintenance of contact at all levels utilizing other members of the organization as appropriate.
- Works with customers and the company’s functional counterparts to develop design input for new projects; coordinates customer interactions and communications.
- Organizes customer information in frameworks which readily afford business organizational efficiency.
- Assembles and communicates accurate period and annual forecasts at frequency specified by company; works with functional counterparts to ensure customer requirements are understood and satisfied.
- Meets or exceeds revenue goals; regularly monitors key metrics and communicates status versus goals; identifies and implements improvement actions as warranted.
- Formulates and manages pricing strategy to optimize realization of value for company product offerings and capabilities.
- Negotiates customer contracts and supply agreements ensuring clear expectations for all parties and ensuring company’s interests are adequately served.
- Participates in annual and long-range business planning; develops market and opportunity penetration strategies consistent with meeting or exceeding the revenue and profit objectives; effectively positions the business for sustainable and profitable commercial revenue growth.
- Effectively communicates business status within functions as well as across division.
- Conducts all aspects of position in a professional, respectful manner consistent with AR Guiding Principles; embraces 6S LEAN culture; organizes personal work areas and appearance consistent with corporate and divisional professional image.
- Presents at Tradeshows/Conferences (technical papers, market trends, best practices, etc.)
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering or business discipline preferably coupled with a Masters in Business Administration.
- Experienced with FDA-regulated business and requirements necessary to operate in compliance with FDA 21 CFR 211 regulations; familiarity with all stages of pre-clinical and clinical therapeutic offering development.
- Experienced with DEA regulations for handling controlled substances (e.g. Schedules II-V).
- 10+ years Business Development and sales experience in a pharmaceutical and/or drug-delivery business. Preferably experienced with transdermal and oral thin film applications.
- Ability to analyze market landscape and then formulate and implement strategies to penetrate opportunities consistent with company capabilities.
- Excellent networking, relationship-building, selling and customer management skills.
- Experience negotiating JV partnerships and key customer agreements/contracts.
- Work 100% onsite.
- Strong leadership, influencing, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop new products and processes and to interact with customers to define customer requirements during the design-input phase of the product development process.
- Proficiency with standard desktop computer software applications.
- Ability to travel >50% of the time (including some international).
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-681-2625.