Position Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Location: Long Island, NY
Position ID: 5899
Full Job Description
This company, headquartered in Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, they are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. They operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
They pursue excellence in all that they do and are always advancing to improve the way they work along with the products and services they provide. Their culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At their company, they are continuously improving to support their mission and exemplify their values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. This company is offering a base salary range of 110-115k with the following description:
- Drive awareness and accountability for environmental, health and safety performance through all levels of the site.
- Champion employee empowerment to identify and address safety concerns, and generate new ideas related to safety and health.
- Lead plant incident and plant non-conformance investigations, determine appropriate corrective actions and preventative actions, and ensure closure of actions. Reapply key learnings and recommendations from global incidents as applicable.
- Lead emergency preparedness planning and response activities
- Lead internal and external inspections of the facility to assess and ensure compliance with federal, state, local, insurance and internal safety requirements
- Maintain ISO compliant safety and environmental compliance records, including OSHA Logs and Permit Requirements
- Develop, create, track, and deliver safety training to employees as required, including coordination of new hire and external regulatory training.
- Create/review/implement Policies, Risk Assessments, SOPs and work instructions related to EHS in support of our EHS Program and Regulatory Requirements
- Oversee the Management of Change (MOC)/Pre-startup Safety Review (PSSR) program. Partner with project leads to provide EHS input into project planning.
- Provide regular EHS reports to management.
- Approve new chemical purchases and maintain SDS sheets, Hazard Communication program and environmental reporting.
- Provide Front Line Leaders with Safety Topics for Daily, Weekly and Monthly EHS meetings/talks.
- Assist in the administration of the Workers Compensation Program
- Maintain and increase professional knowledge and expertise related to the fields of environmental protection, occupational health, and industrial safety through annual professional development
- Ability to travel 0-25% of the time.
- Willingness and ability to provide 24/7 on call support
- Four (4) year degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Current or able to qualify for CPR/First Aid/BBP certifications.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety certification preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred (green or black belt).
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in direct Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and/or Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Applied knowledge and working understanding of federal/county EHS requirements (i.e.; OSHA, EPA, NFPA), regulatory compliance, experience with inspections, incident investigations, process safety, contractor safety, EHS training, hazard reviews and job safety analysis
- Knowledge of safety, industry hygiene and environmental testing methods
- Strong incident investigation, root cause analysis and continuous improvement skills
- Direct EHS experience must include leading and influencing industrial sites and organizations
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaborative, organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Takes responsibility for actions, respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time, and uses data to support decisions
- Self-motivated to improve processes and performance. Can adapt and reapply new ideas and methods to improve team/plant performance
- Knowledge of Behavior Based Safety
If you have the experience and qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at (440) 772-1015.