POSITION TITLE: Sales Representative
Position ID: 5888
Under direction of the Global Sales & Marketing Manager, performs field and phone sales of the full Medical product line to meet annual sales targets and drive growth. This position supports growth of the Medical market revenue in the Americas, develops strategies at the plant level and aligns with the overall global strategy in conjunction with the Global Account Manager for 80 customers. Expands relationship with key 80 customers and effectively manage all internal resources to deliver to the agreed customer requirements.
Sales Volume Responsibility: ~$10,000,000 Euros
Essential job functions:
- Introduces new sales solutions to customers and adds value by bringing optimization opportunities to the plant, positioning us as a printing expert. Handles most technical application questions/issues and provides an analytic and strategic approach to solving customer problems and presenting our technical solutions that relate to the sales as well as inventory, lead times, pricing, delivery, and payment terms. Regularly handles basic technical support for process, substrate, application related questions during product qualification and after sales for non-compliance issues. Refers advanced problems to technical support or R&D.
- Establishes customer intimacy relationships across functional departments at targeted account. Use Consultative Selling skills and techniques to position benefits and value proposition as VALUE differentiator for the account beyond purchasing.
- Develops and owns customer Account Plans at the plant level and works collaboratively with the Global Account Manager to align and execute global priorities. Advances intimate knowledge of customer’s operational environment and build strong relationships, including opening doors for new business opportunities. Deliver short, medium- and long-term initiatives to grow customer relationship. Understand customer’s strategy and organization to position us as the key strategic partner.
- Develops and qualifies sales leads per customer buying cycles, role of business contact in process, prioritize leads, etc. Determines customer needs, promote our products, identifies features and benefits and closes sales. Influences and recommends product selection using 80/20 toolbox, pricing strategies, product line simplification. Prioritizes leads accordingly. Develops new leads in territory based on industry trends, relationship building, industry expertise, and strategic analysis. Follows all sales and company policies.
- Manages assigned territory by preparing Sales Pipeline information and data, territory forecasts and outlooks, account plans, preparing weekly detailed ROCs (reports of call), utilizing contact management software, regularly calling all accounts, proper documentation of customer information and data entry in sales system, and other business reports. Follows a measured and trackable plan to fill the Funnel with the right opportunities and close Sales to annual plan and set up future growth.
- Determines customer requirements for inventory, lead-times, and production capabilities as well as develops and maintains relationships with purchasing, engineering, operations, sales, marketing and other decision makers at existing and prospective customers.
- Works with Marketing and Global Sales Manager to accurately and completely prepares proposals. quotes and related documentation.
- Acts as the voice of customer, relating customer comments and market trends to their manager, and/or other departments as necessary. Works closely with customer service and quality to handle customer complaints. Independently handles policy and list pricing issues.
- Travels regularly in the assigned territory to interface with customers to analyze their individual requirements and to present new opportunities. Meets 100%+ of sales plan annually.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, listening skills, and competency with customers, in person or by phone.
- Meets internal goals of sales expense budgets, travel and other departmental spending.
- Attend trades shows and training seminars as required by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- English is a required language skill, at least one additional language (Italian or French)
- Provide effective communications between Technical, Operations, Sales, and Customer Service with respect to sales issues.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and safety directions.
Medical: Global Sales & Marketing Manager, Global Account Manager (dotted line)
Internal / Cross-Functionally: Product Manager, other Global Sales Managers, Sales team, Customers, Customer Service, Quality, R&D and site Operations.
Secures approval for expenditures per Expenditure Approval policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years successful related industrial technical sales experience is required (prefer a focus in the medical industry, printing/graphic arts, and/or chemistry related to coatings, and/or manufacturing of hot stamping and thermal transfer printing equipment or equivalent industrial experience but not required).
- Sales experience would include demonstrated success in meeting sales targets, assessing customer needs, preparing quotes, understanding and interpretation of technical applications and problem solving, and regular territory travel.
- Excellent communications skills in both a written and oral format with MS Office, presentation software and contact management software expertise.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Frequent overnight travel. ~ 40-50%
- Limited physical effort required. Frequent sitting and standing.
- Limited exposure to physical risk. Infrequent travels at high speeds by plane, some plant exposure to machinery and flammable substances. Requires PPE (safety shoes and glasses) in plant areas.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at (440) 772-1015.