position title: Engineering Supervisor
location: Western, massachusetts
position id: 5981
This business offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components, and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.Our client is the parent company and is a global manufacturer of specialty plastics & engineered materials & solutions for medical device manufacturing markets. They are looking for a strong supervisor and leader with experience in process engineering and ISO 13485 for a minimum of around 2-5 years. It is responsible for process improvements, continuous improvement, process development, engineering, and coaching a team of 5-7 engineers within in the manufacturing location near Springfield, Massachusetts.
At the moment, they aren’t open to relocating someone but that might change in the future. The position reports to a Plant Director in the facility.
The company offers:
- Base Salary range of 95-115k or more for the right person
- Annual Bonus potential based on individual, facility, and company performance
- Excellent company benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this opportunity. Employment based visa sponsorship (including H01B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Engineering Supervisor Summary:
The Engineering Supervisor demonstrates an active-oriented mindset with a focus on exceeding expectations. This role is responsible for supervising junior to mid-level engineers in engineering activities and projects to support company goals and objectives. This role demonstrates leadership, communication, project management skills, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
In this role, the Engineering Supervisor will apply advanced knowledge of continuous improvement engineering theory and methods to design, integrate, and improve companywide manufacturing systems or related processes and new process development. This role will work with designers to refine product designs to increase manufacturability and decrease cost.
Engineering Supervisor Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports Transitions of (NPI) New Product Introductions from Advance Engineering to the Manufacturing floor.
• Supports manufacturing floor through sustainment practices in areas of optimizing uptime and process variation issues.
• Demonstrates a hands-on approach to solving problems and works directly with the engineering and manufacturing teams.
• Performs root cause analysis.
• Supports productivity improvement programs, reduces labor costs and improves material yields, i.e. Value Improvement Plan (VIP).
• Interfaces directly with medical customers, under the guidance of the commercial team to develop and enhance the delivery to the market.
• Manages timelines of multiple site initiatives to successful outcomes (timing and budget).
• Manages, conducts and guides program validations for new and existing programs.
• Writes technical reports around existing and newly developed processes.
• Escalates problems as required and proposes creative solutions relative to meeting customer requirements, deliverables, and business profitability goals.
• Coaches, trains, and develops engineering technical staff for growth and development opportunities.
• Manages team resource planning along with cross team and cross office resourcing collaboration with leadership.
• Works to improve program over time, heighten professionality and credibility of standards.
• Consults with the leadership team to gain mutual understanding of the requirements and implications of the strategic and tactical decisions.
• Demonstrates a hands-on approach to solving problems and works directly with cross functional teams.
Engineering Supervisor Education / Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in progressively more responsible engineering roles.
• 2-3 years of MedTech experience required.
• Experience with regulated quality systems like ISO-9001 and ISO-13485.
• Extensive knowledge of plastics processing technologies and/or materials processing equipment.
• Excellent multi-project planning and systems skills with the ability to plan and coordinate large projects.
• Proven track record of meeting product delivery deadlines on budget through implementing repeatable processes for forecasting and project/program management.
• Must be skilled in initiating inputs/outputs of a Validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) including testing methodologies and gauge R&R.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated sense of urgency with strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities with a customer-service focus.
• Strong information technology skills with a high degree of computer literacy.
• Ability to provide technical coaching and leadership for less experienced engineering staff.
• Some travel will be required.
This company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
If you are interested in this role and believe you are qualified, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.