position title: general Manager
location: Bangalore, India
position id: 5977
The role has P&L responsibility of a start-up Manufacturing Plant of custom engineered mechanical and electronics components. Typically these are die cut tapes, foams, silicones, and/or plastics custom engineered for high-end, long-term, consumer electronics customers.
This position is based in Bangalore, India and they will offer relocation. It reports to the President and Vice President of this global company based out of the US.
It has start-up responsibility for all functions of the location in Bangalore including: Operations, Engineering, Quality, Sales, Safety, HR and Finance Management of this manufacturing plant.
They prefer someone with experience in manufacturing of electronic components, Management of Operations, or P&L responsibility in a manufacturing plant.
The position requires:
- strong English Language skills
- Hands on – Leadership abilities on the factory floor
- over 5-10 years of experience in electronic components, die cutting, electronic engineered materials, OR related plastics / tapes / or electronics manufacturing markets
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably an advanced degree as well
The General Manager is responsible for development, implement and achieve the annual business plan for the operation including achievement of P&L and balance sheet objectives. Be in charge of following departments: Production, PMC, Warehouse, Maintenance, and Safety. Drive operation excellence for cost effective and excellent quality & service to customer as well as meeting internal P&L target. This manager has the proven ability to lead and grow the operation using Lean Manufacturing principles.
This is a start- up location so all functions, standard operating procedures, regulatory documentation, and manufacturing production must be set up and managed by the General Manager. The company offers a competitive salary, annual bonus, profit sharing paid quarterly, relocation, and excellent benefits.
Video Presentation by Angelo Giallombardo:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish operational objectives and assignments in line with strategic plans and annual operating objectives to meet company goals on P&L.
- Manage operation functions including production, quality achievement, inventory control, engineering and materials management, as well as insuring a clean and orderly work environment.
- Provide training and development to ensure that team members are well trained and have the skills necessary for advancement and promotion.
- Define and execute operational programs, direct and control the activities to drive the operation excellence on Yield, Productivity, out-going PPM, shipment OTD, Inventory Control and new product successful NPI.
- Drive other line leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives to support the improvement on operation performance.
- Cost control for operation on labor cost, operational expense, material and NPI cost and so on.
- Direct and coordinate programs essential to manufacturing such as training, safety, continuous improvements, cost reduction, plant protection and security.
- Other duties being assigned by GM
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of manufacturing and management experience, consumer electronic or other fast tempo manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience in running factory with mechanical products
- Advanced degree preferred but not mandatory
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated strategic ability, business acumen and leadership capability.
- Proven skills using lean manufacturing and six sigma tools.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English and Mandarin.)
- Assertive, self-motivated with drive to succeed
If you are interested in this role and think you are qualified, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.