Position Title: Group Leader
Position ID: 5906
Location: central PA
We have a job opportunity due to a promotion with a long-term client of ours due to a promotion from within the company. They are looking for a healthcare innovation group leader to develop leading custom technologies. Major areas of adhesive focus include attaching medical devices to skin, assembling microfluidic diagnostics, and designing biocompatible products. The role provides unique responsibilities to utilize polymer chemistry and materials science principles to solve customers’ design challenges. Manages a team of chemists, scientists and technicians and executes pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tape prototype development, scale up, and product launch and various applications
- Acrylic polymer synthesis
- Solid silicone
- Rubber adhesive applications
- PSA rheology
- Knowledge of tape assemblies
- Backing material selection
- Release liner familiarity
- Establishes and directs research programs for new product development and product, process improvement or current products.
- Responsible for complex basic research and or product development projects
- leads lab personnel and facilitates development of product constructions and processes
- Designs and conducts chemical experiments on both lab and production scale
- Designs and specifies production scale processes and contributes to product validation
- Complete any necessary regulatory forms
- Ensures team follows similar protocols and procedures
- Conducts and directs required laboratory work to develop new PSA and tape assemblies including polymerization, formulation, coding, and testing
- Consults with director of innovation, product management, operations, quality, and sales personnel on group priorities and strategy
- Functions as a technical lead on product development teams
- Participates and occasionally leads establishment and implementation of R&D policies and procedures
- Develop skills within the team and evaluates performance of department personnel
- Makes identifiable and substantial contributions to continuous improvement
- Performs all duties consistent with ISO dash 9001 and elements of GMP
- Actively complies with and endorses department and company objectives
- Responsible for the proper disposal of hazardous waste into the proper labeled containers in drums
- Bachelors of science degree or higher in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, or material science and or significant industrial experience, PhD degree preferred but not required.
- Greater than three years adhesive formulation, mixing process and coding process experience.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of required chemical and physical test methods.
- basic understanding and familiarity with adhesive chemistries and coding technologies (acrylic, silicone, rubber).
- Understanding of adhesive tape constructions.
- knowledge of PSA rheology, dynamic mechanical analysis, and other physical polymer characterization methods.
- Supervisory experience preferred with experience managing a team of scientists and product development, technology platform expansion, and patent filing.
- Expertise required in stage gate processes and how to move projects through the pipeline with discipline, efficiency, and accountability.
- Must communicate fluently in English.
- Knowledge of computers and related word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software.
- Ability to employ statistical analysis techniques, familiarity with design of experiments software and setup.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com OR call directly at 9440) 681-2625.