Position title: Business Unit Director
Position id: 5914
We are searching for a Business Unit Director for our client, which is an engineering and manufacturing company, designing and innovating machines used in the foam and mattress industry. They are looking for a proven Manager with Hot Melt or related experience to run this business unit , including P & L. You will be responsible for roughly 30 people and full oversight of the Operations including , engineering and sales, customer service, and Business Development. This is a new position open because of growth and expansion, reporting to the General Manager, and this opportunity has a Base salary starting in the mid $100K’s plus a bonus. You will need to be based in Central Wisconsin for this opportunity. Below is the full description for your review:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Business Unit Director is responsible for the overall profit and loss and business performance of their assigned business unit. The Business Unit Director will create and drive execution of a cohesive strategy to increase the customer base, market share and overall profitability.
Key Accountabilities for this Position:
- Develop and implement the business unit’s strategic plan with an emphasis on revenue growth, operational excellence, new product development and market expansion.
- Accurately forecast and predict business results and meet the operating plan commitments.
- Ensure the team can anticipate customer needs, deliver upon promises, and create a superior customer experience.
- Be the face of the company by developing strategic relationships with top current customers and highest potential new customers.
- Create and execute a business plan to grow consumable business and aftermarket sales revenue with current equipment customer base.
- Responsible for business development efforts that align with the new and organic growth targets within their business unit.
- Collect, analyze, forecast, and communicate market/product/industry trends to lead to revenue streams in new markets and innovative products.
- Improve margins through actively driving cost control, profitable sales growth, and expansion.
- Build and develop high performing teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve customer and company goals.
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts, and metrics to provide financial clarity when making customer, strategic and resource decisions. Monitor performance metrics and deliverables to ensure achievement KPIs.
- Be an engaged member of the leadership team that collaborates across departments/functions and plays a key role in the company strategy and talent plan.
Desired Leadership Characteristics & Skills:
- Charismatic leadership style that creates company-wide buy in and empowerment
- Builds a culture of employer of choice
- Strategic thinker and visionary
- Builds strategic relationships with customers
- Active listening
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Personal accountability and self-management
- Self-starter with a results orientation
- Sense of urgency in responding to external and internal customers
- Developer of talent/coach
- Stays in tune with industry intelligence and emerging trends
- Maintain transparent and open lines of communication with other executive level leaders
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field; MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience leading a team
- At least 5 years of P&L responsibility in an OEM environment with oversight of sales, operations, and marketing
- Proven ability to improve organizational effectiveness, performance management and adapting the business model in response to changing market conditions
- A background in having managed and created effective workflows between sales, engineering and operations
Measures of Performance (vs. budget):
- Sales revenue
- Gross margin %
- Net income
- Strategy & talent plan execution
- Leadership team/talent development and retention
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through the candidates page.