Position Title: Human Resources Manager
location: Long island, new york
Under limited supervision, administers and /or oversees all Human Resources related programs and functions including benefits, hiring, orientation, training, wage and salary administration, personnel records, government compliance, employee relations, communication.
The parent company is corporate global manufacturer of specialty polymer and plastic materials & manufacturing solutions including Pressure Sensitive Adhesives & Tapes (experience not required). They are looking for a strong leader with experience managing HR in a manufacturing facility for a minimum of around 2-5 years. The position reports to a VP of HR at the corporate HQ (in a different location).
The company offers:
- Base Salary range of 110-130k
- 10% Annual Bonus potential based on company performance
- Relocation (along with temporary housing assistance)
- Excellent company benefits
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Undergraduate degree in HR, or labor relations preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certifications preferred.
- At least 7 years GR Generalist experience with a manufacturing plant.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Support programs and training to maintain an accident free workplace.
- Surpass annual safety goals.
- BBS Participation.
- Recruits, interviews and selects employees to fill vacant salaried positions
Coaching and Counseling –
- Coaching and developing others.
- Guiding the managers and other employees in matters related to career development, staffing initiatives, employee relations, workplace ethics and performance management.
- Supervise and direct the HR Generalist.
- Responsible for working with managers in the development of staff.
- Counsel’s salaried employees/supervisors to resolve personal or company related problems, which affect their performance.
HR Policy and Procedure –
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Support WC case management, which includes coordinating treatment and return to work for injured employees.
- HRIS System Update/ Information i.e.: Compensation info, EE data.
- Tracking Performance Reviews and updating HRIS with received information.
- Track Training initiatives.
- Creating reports for Plant Management team as needed
- Investigation and reporting of workers comp when necessary
- Plan, direct and coordinate human resource management activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, promotions, personnel policies and regulatory compliance
- Collection of HR metrics, analysis of the data, properly collating it, reporting and identification of trends.
- Provides specific Corporate sponsored training programs, as required.
- Assure legal compliance with OSHA, EEOC, ADA and federal and state laws.
- Generates/Administers action notices for plant salaried employees.
Employee Relations –
- Champion of the company’s Core Values.
- Leadership, setting pace, decisiveness, change management, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ø Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job in an office environment, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; the employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to travel occasionally.
- Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral or written format.
- Listens well and asks the right questions.
- Ability to tactfully yet assertively state position and possess the persuasiveness to obtain management agreement.
- Must possess and display integrity and interpersonal skills that will instill confidence in both hourly and management employees.
- Written communication clear and concise.
- Can adapt/transfer new methods or ideas to situations to maximize results.
- Takes responsibility for mistakes, respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time, and uses data to support decisions.
Team & Winning Spirit –
- Ability to work effectively with USNW personnel to achieve goals.
- Understands goals of the group. Has desire to excel but competitive nature does not detract from effectively working within a team environment; acts to promote a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation.
Analytical Problem Solving –
- Uses data and proven methods to analyze, troubleshoot, and develop solutions to problems.
Time Management –
- Makes effective use of time.
- Has sense of timing and orderly process.
- Get things done within expected time frame.
- Seeks out pertinent data and thinks creatively and analytically to develop a logical plan or program.
- Plans beyond today.
- Recruitment/Selection Expertise – includes application of the principles, practices, and techniques of the hiring process.
- Can deliver timely, complete and accurate reports/data.
- Able to efficiently manage day-to-day responsibilities.
Building Relationships –
- Builds trust.
- Can interact at all levels of management on a confidential level.
Computer Capability –
- Effectively utilizes technology to aid in planning, presentation and/or analytical work.
Interpersonal Skills –
- Relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, and conflict resolution.
- Coaching skills – effective advisory skills and ability to guide employees and managers through a thoughtful approach to HR practices and problem solving.
If you think you are qualified, and are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.