Position Title: Mechanical Projects Engineer
Location: Santa clara, california
Position ID: 5873
They are a large U.S. based converter with manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S. and Asia. Founded nearly 60 years ago, they’re a technology- focused company that is driving growth and acquiring capabilities in a controlled, yet rapid pace.
They are seeking a mechanical engineer with the commitment and technical skills to embrace the ever-increasing design challenges of the consumer electronics industry. The successful candidate will work closely with their customers and their manufacturing teams to grow opportunities and support existing business as part of an experienced, successful, and motivated team.
- Field support (U.S.) for technical aspects of our company’s prototype through production cycle.
- Engineering support for customer programs, including:
- Recommending materials that meet customer’s design requirements.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending proof of concept opportunities to help grow business.
- Working with our Asia and U.S. engineering teams to coordinate prototype fabrication and provide pre-production through mass production support.
- Help ensure customer satisfaction by being the local face of our company to the customer.
- Maintain professional relationships with material vendors.
Experience and skills requirements:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in mechanical or materials engineering, ideally within the solution selling or applications engineering in the consumer electronics industry.
- Working knowledge of materials, preferably adhesives, films, foils, foams, and thermal materials.
- S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Materials Science.
- Prior experience with all technical aspects of the manufacturing cycle desired.
- Must present himself/herself in a professional manner and possess excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Candidates must be willing and available to work evenings to accommodate portions of both US and Asia time zones.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without employer assistance.
- Travel to Asia is required, so a valid passport is a necessity.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus opportunity. Materials and process training provided.