Position title: process control and automation specialist
location: northeast, Georgia
position id: 5951
The Process Control and Automation Specialist will work with internal resources and the OEM to optimize and continuously improve the programming, automation and mechanical aspects of the process.
- Work with OEM and Operations team to manage and inventory all spare parts required to maintain efficiency on processing equipment.
- Identify critical spare part and optimize inventory based on cost and lead-time focused on reliability.
- Ensures safety is met and keeps supervisor informed of any hazards.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Repairs machines for Production and Converting and its systems including but not limited to fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, adjustment and repair of electronic, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic control circuits and systems.
- Coordinate and schedule all operations preventative maintenance work through CMMS/ERP system. Coordinate with planning to assure optimization with schedule to minimize downtime and reduce impact to deliveries.
- Utilize OEM and local instrumentation, hardware and software to develop dashboards and data collection that will be used to maintain reliable equipment, along with improve safety, quality and efficiency of the process.
- Prepare reports, requests for proposals, technical documents, contracts and general correspondence;
- Responsible for reliability and functionality of machinery
- Implement and/or support ideas and initiatives related to safety, quality, efficiency and cost savings.
- Initiate and carry out thorough root cause investigations for all process related breakdowns and propose/implement corrective actions.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment. VFD and PLC programming, motor control installs.
- Inspect electrical system equipment to identify cause to make adjustment or repair breakdown to correct the problem.
- Diagnose malfunction systems to determine Root Cause.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical equipment.
- Replace faulty components such as motors, sensors, photo eye, switches and relays.
- Maintains optimal level of product quality and adheres to the company’s’ Quality Program
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maintains an optimal level of product quality and adheres to the company’s’ Quality Program
- High School Diploma required.
- College level degree in Electrical and/or Controls preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC’s to include the ability to program, troubleshoot and install.
- Minimum of five years in a role associated with Maintenance Automation and Controls.
- PC skills required.
- Experience with CMMS and ERP systems.
Aptitude & Characteristics:
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude;
- Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and develop a team;
- Ability to follow direction
Base salary starting at 85-95k, commensurate with experience.