position title: process engineer
location: grand rapids, michigan
position id: 5982
The Process Engineer is a key position in the company to develop our technical equipment and processes. Be a strong technical resource in the company to facilitate continuous improvement projects on our equipment and ensure we have processes to exceed our quality expectations. This position is responsible for developing, configuring, and optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, training and maintenance of work instructions, production process descriptions and process data collection needed for the quality and efficient production on our coating and slitting line.
- Production trials:
- Initiate reasonable production trials based on a risk assessment for safety and quality with focus on process parameter and process improvement.
- Executes production trials in alignment with other functions, such as R&D, Sales, Quality, and Production. Responsible for safety, design, and deadlines as well as assesses the result in terms of raw material, process, and product properties. He/she documents the results in the trial reports.
- Liaison between Italy R&D and the plant for new product development
- This position owns the entire product development within Caledonia.
- Will support sales/customer on technical discussions with customers to help resolve application issues. May need to visit our customers at times.
- Takes a leading role in the continuous improvement process, i.e., plans, aligns, executes and documents measures to optimize the production process, in particular quality or efficiency improvements and waste reduction.
- Initiates, develops, or contributes to the implementation of technical measures for new or optimized equipment and conducts the testing of the resulting process changes.
- Defines actions that are necessary to correct or prevent errors and documents these in the IR system, or corrective action process.
- Supports quality control with 8D reports, especially with implemented countermeasures.
- Analyzes quality data for comparison to standards from Italy.
- Builds up process relevant databases and systems, analyzes the data (quality records, production data), documents and communicates the results.
- Trains operators and production personnel on quality relevant characteristics and processes.
- Works with Production and maintenance to develop preventative maintenance schedules to maintain high quality productive machines.
- Contributes to the set up and maintenance of our QMS.
- Works closely with production, quality lab, scheduling, and sales on the above-mentioned tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred or equivalent technical experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in solvent silicone release coating on PET films. Including understanding of product, gravure coating processes, and quality requirements for the industry is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with design of experiment methods and software is a plus.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have good teamwork, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Understands problem solving techniques.
- Understanding of site-specific throughput, and quality efficiencies
- Understanding of Silicone coating products, raw materials, ingredients, and mixing.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-681-2625.