Position title: Process Engineering Manager
Location: long island, new york
position id: 5976
This position is a key technology data driven leader, directly responsible along with the Production Managers for the asset Quality and productivity in terms of MEEF and EFF through statistical process control, continuous improvement and asset profitability programs through SOP, material, equipment, and skill development.
Visible hands-on leader at the shop floor level, spear-heading activities and plans to troubleshoot quality, material, and manufacturing problems. Works with others on the site leadership team to achieve performance goals.
The parent company is corporate global manufacturer of specialty polymer and plastic materials & solutions including Pressure Sensitive Adhesives & Tapes (experience not required). They are looking for a very strong leader with experience managing process engineering for a minimum of around 2-5 years.
It is responsible for process improvements, continuous improvement, process development, and engineering functions within in the manufacturing plant in Long Island.
Active promoter of EHS and all site 5S programs, ensuring that all tasks are performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Interacts with process Engineers, frontline leaders, maintenance and production Management resources to provide direction and tactical leadership on the operation and maintenance of the lines. Ensures maintenance of asset SOP’s and work instructions.
Utilizing process control methodology (Six Sigma, SPC, DOE’s) provides technical expertise to Maintenance, Operations, Logistics, Product Development, and Quality to support and improve line ( s ) performance.
Conducts monthly reviews on key programs under a thorough SPC assessment to determine trends or opportunities to further optimize processes and improve product properties through use of Hoshin, Kaizen and other approved methodologies.
Co responsible in coordination with the Production managers, implements a visual management program with the creation of GEMBA boards, which are filled by the line operators on each line to graphically indicate the most critical machine performance indicators.
Co responsible with Maintenance in the preparation of Capex documents, obtaining quotations through Maintenance and suppliers, pursuing approvals and implementation of investment projects for capacity or facility expansion and upgrades.
Coordinates with Plant logistics and Production to secure the best line scheduling for the optimum productivity on the assets; review with PD as well on the best time for the execution of trials.
Partners with Product Development and Sales in the creation of value-added products.
Coordinates with PD on trial execution, results for process and product developments. Provide support in developing specification for new products and its corresponding process conditions.
Responsible for the daily monitoring and troubleshooting for quality, process and production issues. Partners with maintenance to improve machine reliability and system improvements; with the help from the process Engineers, supervises the completion and quality of the work orders performed by the Suppliers and Maintenance techs.
Develops and leads assigned projects from start to documented completion. Spearheads improvement programs around quality, process capability and product optimizations.
Responsible for determining process and machine capabilities and continuous improvement programs through the use of statistical methods and software. Regularly interfaces with customers, vendors and other company sites on combined value-added programs.
Provides support for investigations into customer complaints, developing and following corrective actions. Responsible for working with raw material and process equipment suppliers to qualify new materials for new products, increasing efficiencies and/or reducing cost.
Serves as an active resource on plant technologies, control systems, and raw materials. Initiates and assists with implementation of process control improvements using DMAIC planning process.
Promotes and prepares plans to reduce asset ( s ) manufacturing costs through effective utilization of processes and equipment settings. Participate in long term strategic planning involving the optimum utilization of company assets.
Responsible for the site Management of change (MOC) protocols; Manages process change through use of design of experiments techniques. Leads process changes and maintain FMEA’s for the designated projects and assets.
Through leveraged knowledge of current technology and market trends, Co-participates in the definition of advanced products required to sustain a cost-effective competitive position.
EDUCATIONAL, SKILL, & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field required
- 7years minimum experience in process, maintenance or operations role in a manufacturing environment (preferably extrusion, textile or paper.)
- Enclosed office space with frequent exposure to production floor; hearing protection may be required at times.
- Equal amounts of time spent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, including presentation skills, technical and program writing, and the ability to communicate will all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to apply practical criteria to decision alternatives in order to choose course of action.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing industry (non-woven or textile related preferred)
- Situational Leadership skills and strong personal accountability to achieve goals.
- Ability to be a change agent and drive results
- Persuasive and politically astute to manage various functions both internal and external to the manufacturing plant.
- Strong personal accountability to achieve goals.
- Proactively develops plans for improvement and effectively communicates and sells those plans to others
- Ability to deliver committed performance indicators. Initiates corrective action, anticipates issues, and develops contingency plans.
- Considers and formulates new ways to exceed company objectives.
- Takes responsibility for actions, respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time, and uses data to support decisions.
- Proactively seeks and seizes opportunities to improve the company’s offerings and overall positioning.
- Develops and refines strategic plans and action plans to achieve declared objectives.
- Effectively communicates / sells those plans to others, gathers and incorporates further input where appropriate and then implements action steps efficiently and prudently.
- Self-motivated to improve processes and performance. Can adapt and reapply new ideas and methods to improve team/plant performance
- Pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Recognizes accomplishments of other associates.
- Offers constructive feedback and advice to fellow associates in a tactful manner.
- Accepts and considers feedback and advice to enhance probability of desired outcomes.
- Partners and works effectively across all functions and levels.
- Works effectively with others to achieve performance goals.
Oral & Written Communication
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively. Responds well to questions. Employs active listening skills.
- Demonstrates strong group presentation skills; Presents information, ideas, conclusions and abstract concepts concisely and effectively.
- Can interface effectively with customers, vendors, contractors and senior leaders.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and efficiently.
- Prioritizes and identifies causal connections, related issues and actionable alternatives.
- Applies practical criteria to decision alternatives in order to choose course of action.
- Considers and articulates implications for implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of the company and product technologies, data analysis skills, broad understanding of related technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard office machines and computer software including Outlook, Excel, Word PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of standard accepted continuous process improvement techniques and strategies.
- General understanding Basic knowledge of OSHA and EPA laws, standards and regulations governing manufacturing sites (29 CFR 1910).
- Working knowledge of manufacturing industry (tapes, paper or films preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Uses data and proven methods to analyze, troubleshoot, and develop solutions to problems.
- Champions and leads change initiatives.
- Adapts to shifts in marketplace and to organizational change as required.
- Continually improves knowledge of market, customers, competitors, suppliers, technologies.
- Connects all decisions and activities to people, customers, strategic initiatives, company core values and the P&L.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours to include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
The company offers:
- Base Salary range of 120-150k
- 10% Annual Bonus potential based on company performance
- Relocation (along with temporary housing assistance)
- Excellent company benefits
- 401(k) plan with company match
If you are interested in this role, and believe you are qualified, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.