Job Title: Product Development Engineer
Department: Product Development
Location: Southern Kentucky
Position ID: 5867
They are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative tapes, nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Their company operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At their company, they pursue excellence in all that they do and are constantly advancing to improve the way they work and the products and services they provide. Their culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgment, and inclusion. They are continuously improving to support their mission and exemplify their values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety.
As a member of the Product Development team, the Product Development Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of a development project from the point of research to full production capability, including all milestones, product and performance specifications, and project budget and schedule on appointed stages. This position will work closely with Customers, Sales, Commercial Development, Process Engineers, Project Managers, Regulatory Department, and Manufacturing, to develop next-generation products that will ultimately lead to profitability and growth. This position will report to the Product Development Manager. They are offering competitive salary with a base range of 110-130k with 5% commission/bonus and a full benefits package.
- Follow established Design Control procedures for the development of new products and product variances.
- Design experiments, execute trials, develop and interpret data and perform application testing developing new products to meet customer and market demands.
- Run trials on the pilot and production lines using solvent, emulsion, hot melt, and rubber-based pressure sensitive adhesives and coatings.
- Implement product development projects consistent with corporate objectives; assure that project objectives are met and completed on schedule.
- Source, analyze and utilize new raw materials for product innovation and cost reductions.
- Identify equipment and processing issues that affect processing, quality, and performance while working with cross-functional teams on problem resolution and implementation.
- Preparation of finished good tape samples, operation, and understanding of various test equipment/methods, including application testing and data analysis for evaluation and presentation of new tape designs.
- Implement technical documentation packages, including raw material specifications, product specifications, stability, and general technical data to support the introduction of new products.
- Knowledge of ASTM standards and PSTC methods to support product testing when required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Product Development Manager.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemistry or related experience
- Three plus years of experience in pressure sensitive adhesive tape, adhesive or release liner design, and manufacturing
- Competence in the basic understanding of process control equipment and the interrelations of processing conditions versus final product performance
- Competence in FTIR, DSC, peel adhesion, tack and shear testing, and other analytical techniques
- Entrepreneurial and continuous innovation mindset
- General knowledge of chemistry, chemical compatibilities, safety protocols & experience working in a laboratory or pilot setting
- Project Management experience required (PMP is a plus)
- Knowledge in statistical methods and programs (SPC/DOE/MiniTab)
- Proficiency with MS office to record and report data in a professional manner
- Ability to travel as needed (limited)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, be a proactive thinker, and results-oriented team player
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required for data-driven project management
If you have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at (440) 772-1015