position title: product manager
location: anywhere in the us
position id: 5988
The role is responsible for product management of pressure sensitive adhesive tapes products specifically for the Aerospace MRO industry. The position is home based and remote with travel to their facilities, customers, and sometimes trade shows.
The position offers:
- Base salary commensurate with experience (120-140k)
- Bonus – 10% annual
- Excellent company benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, etc.
- Opportunities for growth in the future
- The full responsibilities are listed in the attached job description.
The essential duties are identifying new customers in the Aerospace MRO markets, working closely with sales teams to develop new business, managing the P&L of this market segment, day to day tactical work in quoting business, SKU rationalization, new product development, and strategic market growth initiatives.
The company requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering. MBA preferred.
- Market experience in Aerospace, Military, Arts & Entertainment, Convention, MOR is preferred
- Experience in Tapes or Adhesive Technologies, is highly desired.
- 5+ years Product Management experience.
- Solid understanding of business functions Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sourcing, and Logistics.
- High proficiency level with MS Office applications required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Work cross functionally to update, communicate and implement the strategic vision for the business.
- Identify internal and external business needs along with growth opportunities.
- Define and develop strategic investment plans to support growth and profitability improvement.
- Understand the market requirements and consumer trends to inform and shape the strategy.
- Conduct market research to drive innovation and growth.
- Gather competitive intelligence to set product requirements and pricing strategies.
- Provide product and pricing recommendations for new opportunities.
- Participate in customer meetings and trade events to drive growth.
Multi Generation Product Planning:
- Develop and execute 1-year and 3-year product development roadmap for channel and product line effectiveness, growth and profitability.
- Define and develop next generation products, collaborating with Sales and cross-functional teams.
- Manage allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
- Manage all aspects of new product launches.
- Provide oversight for channel and product-specific competitive information.
Product Line Profitability:
- Manage new product and customer pricing and profit, collaborating with Finance, Operations, Sourcing, Supply Chain and Sales.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
- Champion cost-reduction projects; manage product mix and margin erosion on mature items.
- Identify changes in equipment and process technology to improve cost position.
- Work with Supply Chain for raw material sourcing, validation and cost-improvement.
Support of Existing Business:
- Collaborate with Sales leadership for top target growth (current and new)
- Develop clear product positioning and communication strategies; collaborate with Marketing, manage product positioning tools, including web, trade, ad, sell sheets, research and presentations.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring solution to resolve quality initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define service needs for new/changing/outgoing items
- Maintain oversight for new and modified products; working with Marketing, Corporate Creative teams and Packaging Design in determining packaging requirements and art work.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.