Position title: Production Manager
location: Northern Michigan
position id: 5956
The Production Manager is a key member of the site Leadership Team reporting to the Site Operations Manager. The role is focused on the delivery of our business strategy through team involvement. You will achieve this by managing the day-to-day operation and capacity of the company’s manufacturing facility, ensuring all manufacturing jobs and associated activities are completed safely in accordance with time, cost and quality requirements needed to meet customers’ expectations, while meeting financial commitments to the business. Direct reports include production supervisors and maintenance personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, lead, and support site supervisors to continue the development of a safety culture that achieves zero incidents.
- A member of site safety steering committee. Execute the Safety Management System and drive a proactive safety culture in operations. Manage solutions to identified potential hazards, conduct root cause analysis, and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Implement and enhance standard operating procedures to drive consistency, meet quality specifications and improve efficiencies
. • Increase production asset utilization and flexibility while reducing costs and maintaining quality standards. Make recommendations for staffing levels needed to meet business and customer commitments.
- Track KPIs against divisional goals and develop and implement continuous improvement projects to meet or exceed those goals.
- Ensure inventory of stock is maintained in accordance with company policies, stock accuracy, MOH and grading targets.
- Partner with quality team to implement procedures and/or systems in operations to ensure product quality meets customer requirements. Provide final review of new product specifications in ERP system before release to production.
- Supervise maintenance ensuring equipment operates as designed while implementing the preventative maintenance schedule. Provides recommendations for equipment upgrades and replacement with the support of Operations Management.
- Compliance with EPA, OSHA and State regulations concerning safety, waste management, and hazard controls.
- Generate and maintain necessary documentation required for Title V air permit, yearly environmental reporting, and hazardous waste management.
- Manage EGLE and MIOSHA inspections including any necessary response and/or corrective action implementation.
- Manage LOTO program.
- Successfully identify and develop talent for leadership pipeline.
Position Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related manufacturing or management discipline, such as mechanical, chemical, industrial engineering or business management.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in manufacturing leadership and environmental reporting preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with solid understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and manufacturing ERP systems. Current ERP is Microsoft Dynamic NAV.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
▪ Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in challenging situations.
▪ Highly self-motivated and directed. Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with focus on continuous improvement techniques utilizing the company’s Business Model.
Working Conditions and Requirements
- Work is normally performed Monday through Friday in an office environment. Evening and weekend hours may be required as needed.
- Some exposure to machinery and chemicals when in plant areas, requiring PPE usage (safety shoes and glasses). Strict adherence to company and regulatory safety requirements is required.
- Travel < 10%, some international may be required
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (440)772-1015.