position title: production scheduler
location: chicago, illinois
position id: 6000
We have an excellent opportunity for a Production Scheduler with a leading manufacturer of Industrial Rubber Gasket Components in Chicago. The position is based near Cicero. This global manufacturer is searching for a Production Scheduler with experience in manufacturing for a minimum of 2-5 years. They’d like this person to have some experience in manufacturing industries in their career.
The primary function of the Production Scheduler is to efficiently lay out the production schedule on our assets to
meet on-time in full customer deliveries and at the same time optimize labor requirements and raw material
requirements. This position covers the production planning and scheduling process for all production assets and
operates as the interface between the market support department, operations team, Purchasing, and Shipping &
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities as management may deem from time to time.
– Lay out a firm and efficient production schedule for all open orders and manages the production forecast for
the entire year.
-Confirms orders to market support within 24h and acts as an interface between operations and market
– Expedite materials from their respective sources: interplant, purchasing. Effectively collaborate and
interface with quality, purchasing and manufacturing to coordinate work flow and resolve issues.
– Investigate and analyze discrepancies on production deliverables and provides solutions to support customer
– Supports the trial process and initiate bills of material, and perform necessary system maintenance as
– Develop pull targets to facilitate the flow of materials for production. Maintain a work flow that provides
the highest productivity levels. Monitor raw material inventories, track progress of production and review
factors that affect schedules.
– Execute, document and distribute KPI reports on a daily basis which are used as tools for decision making
by the management team
– Manage planning parameters and inventory to target levels. Determine finished goods and work in progress
inventory levels based on inventory strategies and business policies.
– Drive root cause analysis and problem solving individually and cross-functionally with others.
– Analyze plant capacity and manage product conversions and new product introductions independently.
– Partner with Sales/Market support to understand demand forecast and determine appropriate production
– Is responsible to keep SAP/ MES and communication tool (e.g. excel spread sheet) to other departments up
to date at any time
– Reviews on a regular basis with MS regarding closing out SO/ PO in order to keep RM sales demand
– Reviews on a regular bases with Procurement RM demand and makes sure CM25 and MD04 are accurate
– Checks RM (for coating) and WIP (for slitting) availability for upcoming orders, in order to ensure a smooth
and constant production run, and minimize change overs
– Identifies improvement potentials, as well as RO errors and works with cross functional teams to show
accurate production requirements in the system and clear communication to the operations team
– Hosts regular calls with key stake holders to have all parties aligned on production sequence and priorities.
– Communicates to operations priority assets that need to be staffed
-Reviews on a regular basis inventory levels, communicates to operations batches to be consumed in order to
avoid and minimize aged inventory and write offs
-Works with Quality on salvage plans for blocked materials and ensures quick turnaround on the re-work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Analytical/Problem-Solving (Detail-oriented)
– Technical Skills
– Oral / Written Communication Skills
– Assertive Self-starter
– Planning & Organizing (Multi-tasking)
– Organization / Planning
– Sense of Urgency
Education and /or Experience:
• 2-4 years of material control systems experience including production control, inventory control or
• Excel document experience
• Extensive knowledge in Microsoft applications required and knowledge of mainframe/ERP systems highly
required (spec. SAP)
• Strong understanding of inventory control techniques
• Knowledge of bill of material required
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume or CV to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.