position title: holographics project design manager
location: central new jersey
position id: 5999
We have an excellent career opportunity as a Project Design Manager with a global manufacturer (Fortune 500 company) of holographic security materials in New Jersey. The role offers a base salary (commensurate with experience) along with excellent corporate benefits.
This Fortune 500 parent company is looking for a Project Design Manager to develop new or enhanced products and holographic designs meeting their requirements. The products are holographic designs for security applications (ID Cards, Passports, etc.)
Our global manufacturing company designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (North America & Europe).
The Project Design Manager will work with the sales & marketing team and customers to develop new or enhanced products and holographic designs meeting their requirements. The role will lead design development and production for all product work outside of the New Product Development framework, supporting revenue growth for a key strategic market. The role will also work closely with R&D and Continuous Improvement teams to support our pipeline and long-range plans.
essential duties and responsibilities:
project management duties:
- Manage multiple projects or programs which affect meeting critical business objectives by applying process and project management principles to meet project deliverables of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and performance.
- Lead holographic design work by matching customer & market need with production capability and enabling prototyping & sampling that meet customer needs in securing new business.
- Develop working solutions and determine feasibility/risk assessments through practical and analytical methods, continuously focused on limiting complexity.
- Provide project leadership and communicate critical information to multiple stakeholders via written and verbal communication methods.
- Manage and support graphic artists, recombine and electroforming operators to deliver on customer and business expectations.
- Lead NASPO compliance at site, including completing site training, creating and modifying necessary work instructions, completing routine security audits, and suggesting and implementing improvements to ensure site wide compliance.
- Support continuous improvement activities to enhance current products’ performance, quality, manufacturability, and cost.
- Provide technical support within the business unit and evaluate feasibility of prospective product regarding design, manufacturability, and performance.
- Work with Production Management and Finance to build accurate product costing models for existing and new products.
- Work with the quality department to establish agreed upon quality tolerances and measurement standards that are acceptable with the customer and can be achieved within normal manufacturing conditions.
- Monitor all existing production programs for continuous improvement in the areas of scrap reduction and increased efficiencies.
- Create, build, and edit bill of materials in company ERP system, updating resulting workflows as required.
graphic design duties:
- Design customized holographic artwork using supplied information, artwork, product knowledge and other inputs.
- Develop/Evaluate new approaches to provide the most promising holographic design, enabling prototyping & sampling that meet customer needs in securing new business.
- Determines soundness in terms of practical design configuration, manufacturability, and workability.
- Create and prepare all drawings and tooling required for production, including print proofs, holographic masters, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Provide process expertise, guidance, and assistance to sales and marketing teams as required.
- Scout for trends and new technology in holography and make appropriate recommendations for the division to maintain / improve its leadership position.
- Implement and promote division and site safety initiatives. Lead by example and inspire the team in establishing a safety-first culture of reporting accidents/near misses, investigating incidents, identifying hazards, and implementing control measures to prevent occurrences. Ensure direct team has sufficient instruction, training, and resources to safely meet expectations.
- Other essential tasks and duties as assigned based on business need.
- Travel < 10%, some international may be required.
required skills, education, and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, physics, optics, or a related science field.
- Minimum 3+ years of design experience in drafting, solid modeling, and design detailing in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw or similar software. Experience in holographic design strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of project management experience, including hands-on customer experience. Experience in manufacturing leadership preferred.
- Experience with optics and lasers for holography, and/or experience in commercial holography; Or experience in print design in a manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to create unique artwork designs based on customer input. Portfolio of past work preferred.
- Excellent project management capabilities with a proven track record of technical project and team leadership.
- Practitioner of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques and able to embrace the company Toolbox and drive continuous improvement.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
preferred qualifications, skills, and/or experience:
- Leadership experience, preferably in a lean manufacturing setting.
- Experience leading FMEA and process improvement efforts.
- Skill is required in interpersonal relations to interface effectively with our customers, suppliers, and all levels of management.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.