position title: purchasing manager
location: fort worth, texas
position id: 6009
Plans and coordinates with production in order to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction. Additional support will also be needed from Quality, Shipping, and Accounting. Ensure compliance with set procedures. Recommend and implement new or alternate procedures within the department. Assist in the development and implementation of other department’s procedures as they relate to the Purchasing Department. Maintain a solid communication line with other departments to resolve problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trained on information in the Quality Environmental Management System documentation that pertain to this specific position. (Maintained and retained)
- Maintain/coordinate efficient, timely RFQ turnaround from suppliers
- Maintain efficient and timely reporting (Material Balance and Open Purchase Order Report)
- Maintain accurate and pricing in the system
- Monitors all original and revised purchase orders and change notices.
- Negotiates and approves terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Reviews purchase orders and Terms and Conditions (T&C’s) from Suppliers.
- Coordinates disposition of distressed materials that are a result of a change in customer requirements.
- Maintains an acceptable unallocated raw materials inventory of materials with multiple uses based on lead times and estimated forecasts.
- Establishes, reviews, and maintains a documented supplier performance evaluation system provided by the Quality Department.
- Coordinate “Less than lead time” expedite requests to suppliers.
- Maintain efficient filing and retrieval system for Suppliers.
- Communicates with Production (using knowledge of lead times, customer requirements and finished goods constraints) on how best to combine/not combine customer orders to balance the customer’s needs with the company’s profitability.
- Verifies that all customer requirements have a high probability of being satisfied through coordination with Purchasing, Production, Tooling and Quality Assurance.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, communicating recommendations to Teams.
- Identifies and supports strategic supplier business relationships.
- Assists in resolution of supplier quality issues with the Quality Assurance Department.
- Reviews and presents to the immediate supervisor analyses of activities, costs, and operations to determine departmental progress toward stated goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year accredited university or six years related management experience and training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting.
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.