position title: Quality control manager
Location: New Jersey
Position id: 5927
Responsibilities include managing the Quality Laboratory, as well as, its personnel and test equipment, internal nonconformance, vendor rejects, customer complaints and special test requests/data collection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem from time to time.
- Manages QA and QC personnel on a daily basis including work assignments, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures; provides coaching, guidance and development of direct reports, creating meaningful feedback discussion that support and enhance employee success
- Monitors the plant Statistical Process Control activities
- Establishes and implements quality procedures and specifications, testing procedures, and standards for raw materials and for in-process and finished products
- Audits quality systems and processes, driving process improvements and initiating corrective actions as required
- Develops relationships across the organization using a hands-on approach to drive a Quality focused culture
- Develops and lead cross-functional teams to address and resolve quality issues and to improve levels of quality and productivity
- Develops training for and train employees on quality related practices and system requirements
- Ensures that quality testing is performed in accordance with documented procedures as required and specified by the production paperwork
- Conducts research on product defects by using RCA analysis techniques and recommend modifications in product or quality standards where warranted
- Manages internal nonconformance system by facilitating investigation, disposition, documentation, and communication
- Manages customer complaint system, inclusive of complaint input, sample management, coordination and tracking of outstanding complaints and complaint close out
- Coordinates preparation, delivery, and resolution of customer and supplier quality documents (ie. Certificates of Analysis)
- Manages supplier complaint system through vendor contact, supplying samples, and documenting corrective actions
- Manages calibrations system for laboratory, maintenance, and production measuring devices
- Responsible for administration of ISO Quality Management System
- Maintains the plans Document Control System
- Partners with manager of continuous improvement and production manager to drive lean manufacturing techniques and quality performance
- Participates in all safety training and exhibits safe behavior at all times
Leads the quality function team members including quality engineer, and QA and QC personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
- Safety & Security
- Judgment/Decision Making
Education and /or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree BS or equivalent technical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading a quality department in a manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge and/or certification in Lean and 6 Sigma quality tools and statistical methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of SAP manufacturing software.
- ASQ certification, such as Manager of Quality, Quality Auditor or Quality Engineer
English & Spanish
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com, or submit via our candidates page. You can also reach Angelo at 440-772-1015.