position title: quality Engineer
location: Southern ohio
position id: 5954
The Quality Engineer reports to the Technology Director and is responsible for developing, improving, implementing, monitoring and maintaining quality systems and supporting processes to ensure the company delivers maximum value for their customers.
- Provide leadership to the quality function, including technicians
- Oversee compliance and administration of corporate quality procedures including ISO9001:2015, GMP, FSC, etc.
- Lead response to customer complaints, respond to customers in a timely manner, and participate in formulation of corrective action
- Perform root cause analysis and issue technical reports and findings related to customer complaints and recommended outcomes
- Manage nonconformities and CAPA systems
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and quality throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university or 10+ years of experience in the pressure-sensitive or adhesive coating industry
- Minimum three (3) years of quality engineering experience
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science, or Quality
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Previous problem solving experience in a production environment
- Direct experience performing ISO9001:2015 audits
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of an organization from production to management
- Experience in a customer facing role
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, bend, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see, and lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material and must have the ability to focus The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (440) 681-2625.