Position Title: R & D Chemist
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
POsition ID: 5921
The Medical Adhesives R&D Chemist is responsible for managing all aspects of new Product Development from material selection to product commercialization. As the R&D Chemist you will focus on new product development of Medical Wound Care Dressings, Skin to Skin Medical Patches, and Medical Tapes. You will have daily interaction with various departments to ensure a timely progression of projects. The R&D Chemist will work together with external customers on new innovations, scale up, materials selection, development, and applications.
Major Responsibilities will include:
- Formulations of new Medical Adhesives for medical products (skin contact, wound care, tapes, wear-able, etc)
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive selection (Acrylic, Rubber, Silicone, etc.)
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Formulations
- Pilot Coating trials with various materials (Cross linkers, Fire Retardant, Pigment, etc.)
- Knowledge in basic coating, lamination, converting and packaging.
- Selection, scale up and product development of new medical products from concept to commercialization.
- Material selection
- Design of Experiment
- Product Pilot Coating Trials
- Executing trial plans
- Identification of product specifications
- Characterize new products. Collection and analysis of data to determine capability and set specifications
- Act as a subject matter expert for Medical Adhesive products and help Quality and Operations for customer complaints or non-conforming material.
- Effectively set and accomplish milestones for project progression.
- S. Degree in Chemistry, Polymers, Material Science or Chemical Engineering or 5 years minimum work experience with Medical Adhesives, Wound Care Dressings, Gowns or Medical Tapes
- Familiarity with quality standards for medical products
- New product development of pressure sensitive adhesives, Coatings, OR/AND converted products from concept through commercialization.
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for decisions.
- Effectively work in fast-paced organization
Watch this video for further details”
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com or submit via the candidates page. You may also call directly at (440) 772-1015.