Position Title: R&D Holographer
Position Location: Central New Jersey
Position Duration: Full-time
Position ID: 5854
Founded in early 1900, our company is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. Our revenues totaled over $14 billion in 2021.
Our company designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
The R&D Holographer will research and develop new and unique optical security features for ID’s and passports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and development of security features using DWL and other techniques for origination
- Micro/Nano Fabrication of security features using above tools
- Imaging and Surface analysis; holographic originations, nickel shims, embossed film, and finished cards.
- Investigate, recommend, and purchase of holographic origination equipment.
- Serve as liaison for government contracts (DoD security clearance required).
- Serve as liaison for export documents for contracts with foreign countries. Duties include notarization of export documents at the county, state, and foreign consults.
- Communicate with outside contractors and responsible for project management.
- Responsible for Holographic recombining, embossing based on UV system
- Step and repeating holographic originations using proprietary UV casting techniques and formulations
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on holography for the division
- Lead technical market understanding working with sales and marketing
- Drive customer-back innovation and development
- Other essential tasks and duties as assigned based on business need
Education and Experience
- BS in Physics, Optics, Holography, or a related science field with additional studies
- Minimum 5 years working experience in commercial holography
- Computer graphics; Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Photography 35mm camera and darkroom skills, digital photography, and printing
- Experience with optics and lasers for holography
- Knowledge of photo resist chemistry for surface relief holography
- Experience with UV and mechanical recombining for holography
- Electroplating surface relief holograms
Working Conditions and Requirements
- Combination of office and lab work to include Miro/Nano fabrication lab (H5 OSHA hazardous environment rating), photographic darkroom environment, and electroforming room
- Travel ≤ 15% may include domestic and international based on project and equipment needs.
Our company employees enjoy a full benefit package which includes medical plan options, dental, prescription drug, vision, 401(k) with a company match, life insurance, wellness programs, career-related tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, 12 paid holidays per year, vacation and sick time starting in year of hire, and a corporate matching gift program for charitable donations!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.