position title: sales manager
location: Detroit, michigan
position id: 5980
My client is based in the Detroit suburbs and they are looking for a Sales Manager with experience in the selling converted materials into the Automotive markets.
The company manufactures specialty Die Cut, Converting, NVH, BSR, and Foam Fabricated / Converted products for Automotive markets.
The role offers:
- A base salary of 140-180k
- An annual bonus opportunity
- Excellent company benefits and growth opportunities
This role is responsible for putting in Sales Management systems including a new CRM, Sales tracking tools, building and growing a strong sales team, and further advancing the growth of the business.
They aren’t offering relocation to their area at this time so they’d prefer a local candidate to the Detroit suburbs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years or more of experience in Sales Management in Automotive Markets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Automotive related Die Cut Foam, Tapes, Plastics, or Flexible Materials Engineered products industry experience
- Experience managing Sales and putting sales systems into place
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic sales growth plans to accommodate corporate goals to include sales pipeline.
- Ensure RFQ’s and Quotes are processed in a timely manner to meet internal and external timing.
- Customer quotes to include exceptions and assumptions as necessary to protect our company and the customer (Ex: Deviations, Material MOQ’s, etc…
- Ensure customer samples are delivered on time and to customer specifications
- Identify specific customer needs and assist in the development of new products that meet those specific needs
- Sales Strategy: Develop and implement strategic sales plans aligned with the company’s objectives. Analyze market trends and competitor activities to identify growth opportunities.
- Team Development: Recruit, train, and mentor a team of high-performing sales representatives. Provide ongoing coaching and performance feedback to maximize individual and team effectiveness.
- Performance Management: Set clear sales goals and KPIs for the team. Monitor and evaluate performance regularly, providing constructive feedback and support to improve results.
- Customer Relationships: Cultivate strong relationships with key clients and prospects. Understand customer needs and provide personalized solutions to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Market Insights: Stay informed about industry trends, customer preferences, and market dynamics. Use this knowledge to adapt sales strategies and stay ahead of the competition.
- Leadership: Lead and inspire the sales team to achieve and surpass sales targets. Foster a positive and productive work culture that encourages collaboration, creativity, and excellence.
Measures of Performance:
- Customer satisfaction driven by exceeding customer expectations measured via customer surveys
- Timely reporting of Sales volume / growth to include product margins vs. internal targets
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-7 years of proven success in a similar Sales Manager role
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets in related industry (Automotive supplier experience preferred).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field (MBA is a plus)
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve sales growth
- Analytical proficiency in using data to drive decisions
- Strategize process to gain new customers / enter new markets.
- Conduct internal sales meetings to include sales reports, forecasts and analyses. Present findings to Senior Management and contribute to decision making process.
- Conduct price and margin analysis and make recommendations that maximize long-term profitability.
- Identify specific customer needs and assist in the development of new products that meet those specific needs.
- Develop and implement pipeline required to meet sales forecast
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
Complete other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this role and meet the qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-772-1015.