position title: sales manager
location: dallas/ ft. worth, texas
position id: 5990
Sales Manager is responsible for leading the Sales Engineering, Inside Account Management and Procurement teams. Mentor and develop personnel to ensure their long term success, facilitate generating leads for the business that drive revenue and nurture relationships with end user customers. Set goals and quotas for the Sales team and create a Business plan to achieve targets. Ultimately, responsible for total customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities include hiring, training and executing sales revenue plan. Responsible for all personnel in the Sales Engineering and Inside Account and Procurement Departments (Sales Engineers, Inside Account Representatives, Application Development Resources and Purchasing personnel).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trained on information in the Quality Environmental Management System documentation that pertain to this specific position. (Maintained and retained)
- Oversee selling activities and company campaigns
- Planning and directing the hiring, scheduling and training of new Sales Engineers, Inside Account Representatives, and Purchasing Department personnel
- Preparing sales plans, budgets and projections and approving expenditures
- Tracking and analyzing sales statistics
- Determining market and customer pricing and ownership of sales profitability metrics
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in training activities, reviewing professional publications and supplier websites, and networking with peers.
- Ensure compliance to all procedures and certification requirements across Sales, Customer Service, and Purchasing.
- Oversee Customer Service functions including RFQ turnaround, order entry, customer complaints, expedites and ECN’s.
- Oversee Purchasing functions including analyzing market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, ensure Material Balance report is effectively managed and acted upon, and monitor Open Purchase Order report to ensure company’s material needs are being met.
- Oversee supplier performance and raw material inventory
- Support and leverage Strategic Supplier relationships
- Present to the management team output of goals and objectives to determine departmental progress.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Business Management from an accredited university preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing a plus. Sales Manager should have at least 10 years of experience working in sales and marketing and should have a good understanding of target markets (automotive, medical, consumer electronics). Experience in budgeting, planning and executing sales campaigns and overseeing local and regional sales activities is a plus. Experience hiring, managing and mentoring Sales teams a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting.
If you believe you meet the qualifications and requirements, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at 440-772-1015.