Position title: Midwest sales Rep
Location: Remote / Chicago Area
Position ID: 5884
Message from the company:
We are a leading expert in the development and manufacture of specialty films for flexible packaging and labeling markets. Our products help solve your packaging and labeling problems, improve your total costs and support dazzling package designs that help you sell more.
Within Flexible Packaging, our company provides films that lead the market in terms of barrier to moisture, oxygen, and flavor & aroma. These barriers protect package contents and extend the shelf-life of consumer products so our customers can expand their product distribution channels, reduce stales and keep products tasting ‘first day fresh’. Our barrier technology is available in our range of trademarked films.
Primary the company contact for Midwest Sales territory. While focusing on Midwest based flexible packaging convertors, grow our market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Develop strategies to drive growth, maximize profitability and differentiate us versus other competitive alternatives by growing share of wallet within current and prospective customers. Deliver flawless execution/support for all sales processes.
- Interface with:
- Key customer contacts and decision makers
- All key support functions within our organization and Applications teams
- Work with identified human infrastructure within targeted flexible packaging convertors, developing packaging solutions utilizing current our product portfolio with an emphasis on specialty products.
- Secure approval for resource engagement against new product development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with sales management to develop a sales territory growth strategy focused on margin growth and customer satisfaction
- Execute defined sales strategy utilizing core manufacturing and technical competencies across our company globally, focusing on our US based manufacturing competencies.
- Work with our technical and management groups to identify and develop prospective opportunities that align with company strategy and value proposition
- Work closely with manufacturing & technical resources to coordinate customer trials. Assume the lead internal stakeholder position for new products and customer trials.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements within business operations.
- Coordinate with production, quality and logistics teams to drive continuous improvement against quality and service metrics.
- Support the S&OP team with accurate customer forecasts to ensure proper supply chain planning.
- Execute against defined KPI’s specific to raw material and finished goods inventories for customer base.
- Continually update the organization on market dynamics/trends and competitive activity
- Is a Dynamic Leader
- Understands and Executes against Organizational Priorities
- Strong Account and Opportunity Planning
- Solution Development and Co-creation / Reaching Agreement
- Multifunctional Account Team Leadership
- Overall Relationship and Outcome Management Skills
- Customer Management/Customer Relationship Skills
- Strategic and Tactical Account Planning Skills
- Negotiate within guidelines prices, discounts rebates and sales terms to optimize profitability
- Provide details of anticipated sales demand or demand changes
- Resolve customer claims and disputes
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements – Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities – Seeks to meet critical goals while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results – Focuses on the critical few goals that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas – Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others – Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values – Demonstrates the values of our company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the Company.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in flexible packaging
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- Negotiating skills
- Personal organization
- Presentation and communication skills
- Market & Customer orientation
- The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the Human Resources Department.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com, or call him directly at (440) 772-1015.