position title: technical director
location: central pennsylvania
position id: 6002
We are currently searching for a Technical Director for a long term client, which is a global leader in the dosage form and drug delivery pharmaceutical markets, due to a retirement. They are in need of an experienced Technical Director that has experience in Pharmaceutical related industries. This position will report directly to the President of this privately held company. Compensation will be in the $180K + range, plus a realistic bonus of up to 20%. You will need to be based in PA or relocate to the N. Baltimore area. Responsible for leading all aspects of Research and Development Department.
- Leads Department in developing new products consistent with business priorities, customer needs and application requirements; determines early-stage program feasibility and communicates recommendation to the business team.
- Develops, recommends and implements division-wide technical research policies and programs needed to support profitable growth and implements general policies for Research and Development Department.
- Establishes and administers procedures pertaining to discovery of new technologies, development of new products, alteration and existing product modifications maintaining compliance to applicable quality systems and regulations.
- Ensures R&D development activities will maintain company’s leadership role in developing innovative technologies in the oral thin film, transmucosal and transdermal drug delivery.
- Works closely with customers and project teams to ensure the successful progression of developmental projects to commercialization.
- Participates in annual and long-range business planning; develops technical strategies consistent with overall business strategy; effectively positions the business for sustainable and profitable commercial revenue.
- Leads business in formulation and implementation of intellectual property strategy yielding significant competitive advantage; monitors and leads the business in effectively understanding relevant intellectual property landscape; maintains adequate records to support intellectual property-related actions; assists Patent Counsel in obtaining patent protection and assuring freedom.
- Ensures establishment and maintenance of adequate records for formulas, processing methods, testing methods and product construction standards; assures organization of technical information in frameworks which readily afford business organizational efficiency.
- Maintains current awareness of pharmaceutical and drug delivery technical progress via avenues including:
- Industry peer networking
- Monitoring relevant literature
- Participating in industry groups
- Attending relevant conferences
- Forecasts operating and capital expense requirements and manages budget
- Effectively manages technical organization including but not limited to assuring up-to-date position descriptions, establishment and auditing of performance expectations, annual reviews, individual development plans, and training.
- Ensures all subordinate associates are fully oriented and trained; assure a safe work environment and that all practices are conducted in a safe and effective manner; manage with safety, associate well-being and environmental practices as a priority.
- Effectively communicates functional status within function as well as across the company.
- Conducts all aspects of position in a professional, respectful manner consistent with company Guiding Principles; embraces 6S LEAN culture; organizes personal work areas and appearance consistent with corporate and divisional professional.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in a scientific and/or engineering discipline focused in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biology, biotechnology or related
- Experienced with FDA-regulated business and regulatory requirements necessary to operate in compliance with FDA 21 CFR 211 regulations; familiarity with all stages of pre-clinical and clinical therapeutic offering
- Experienced with DEA regulations for handling controlled substances (e.g. Schedules ll-V).
- Multiple years experience in technical and laboratory environment management experience in pharmaceutical and/or drug-delivery business; preferably experienced with transdermal, transmucosal oral thin film, and fast dissolve applications/technology
- Strong leadership, influencing, interpersonal, negotiation and communication
- Expert in design control and statistical
- Proficiency with standard desktop computer software
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (including some international).
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or call directly at 440-681-2625.