Position title: Territory Manager
location: Northeast coast
position id: 5705
- SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The function of the Territory Manager is to generate profitable sales for the company by selling its products and services into designated markets. This is accomplished selling to both established customers and new outlets. Our tape products division sales policies, procedures and programs will be always adhered to.
Territory: The Territory Manager must live in the territory covered.
- West Virginia
- Washington D.C.
- New Jersey
- Eastern Canada
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
- New York
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES – SALES
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding the sales and marketing objectives for his/her designated territory.
- Become the subject matter expert of the company product line, pricing, product specifications and its capabilities to produce those products.
- Conversant in the company’s promotional literature and be able to utilize in all selling situations.
- Know the uses and applications of all products and be able to discuss the features, advantages and benefits of each product.
- Know the competition’s products and pricing and be able to relate them to corresponding company products.
- Keep up to date on competitive price and equipment changes, activities and advancements.
- Develop accurate knowledge of competitive sales activity within the territory that may affect the company’s sales efforts and policies and communicate this information to company management.
- Initiate and maintain continuing sales relationships with approved accounts and prospects in his/her territory calling on them in a regular and consistent manner.
- Prospect for new user accounts and distributors within designated sales area.
- Develop accurate knowledge of the buying and/or selling practices of each distributor and end-user in the territory to establish individual sales approaches for each account.
- Conduct distributor sales meetings regularly to increase the knowledge of the distributor’s sales personnel and to motivate them to promote the sale of the company’s products.
- Work jointly with and train distributor sales personnel regarding the features, advantages and benefits of the company’s products to help close sales and obtain orders.
- Ensure distributors and their sales personnel have the necessary tools and skills to help them sell the company’s products.
- Sales brochures
- Product samples
- Pricing information
- Market information
- Competitive information
- Take part in distributor trade shows where such attendance can result in further sales and market penetration for the company’s products.
- Make joint sales calls with distribution sales team partners to assist in securing new business.
- End user calls, with and without distributor partners.
- Handle quality issues in a fair and equitable manner to both the customer and the company.
- Identify and report on potential new markets, products and opportunities for the company.
- Attend and represent the company at national or regional trade shows as directed and required by the Company.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES – ADMINISTRATIVE
- Prepare all required reports promptly, accurately and timely.
- Call Reports -weekly through use of Maximizer Data Base
- Expense Reports -weekly
- Special Price Quotations – as required
- Complaint Evaluations – as required
- Sample Requests – as required
- Sample Evaluations – as required
- Monthly Reports – monthly
- Trade Show Lead Follow Up – within 2 weeks following event.
- Maintain accurate records of all information regarding distributors, and users and competition through use of Maximizer CRM.
- Maintain the published company selling price in accordance with the published price list (may extend deviated pricing only with specific prior approval of the Business Unit Director or National Sales Manager).
- Maintain and use company automobile as outlined in the appropriate published company procedure concerning company vehicles.
- Operate the territory within the established direct expense budget guidelines.
- Forecast the territory’s sales on quarterly and annual basis to help the company establish sales quotas that are fair to both the company and the Sales Specialists.
- Develop pre-planned sales and travel schedules to ensure maximum time is used in market and account penetration to generate continued sales volume and growth:
- Advance sales call appointments
- Weekly call planner
- Flight schedules
- Hotel accommodations
- Maintain the confidence and good will of the customer through close contact to develop a rapport and professional business relationship around a high degree of personal integrity, ethics, credibility, and business knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCTION REQUIREMENTS.
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years sales experience.
Additional qualifications should include:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective use of technology and software, including but not limited to cell phone, Surface/laptop, email, and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent people and customer relations skills.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills. Able to sell new concepts or ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business/Marketing/Communications.
- Master / Graduate degree is a plus.
If you are interested in this role, please reach out to Gary Giallombardo by email email@example.com or call 440-681-2625.