Position Title: VP, Sales – Specialty Tapes & Converting
Position ID: 5892
We are a diversified North American manufacturer of functional coatings, pressure sensitive adhesives, custom release liners, and converted parts. With Headquarters in the Midwest, we have manufacturing sites in IL, MA, MN, and OH with advance warehouses in CA and Canada. We focus on high-value end markets that require unique solutions, rapid turnaround, and demonstrated needs for quality manufacture and ongoing innovation including, but not limited to, POP/Retail, Flexible Packaging, Specialty Industrial, E-commerce Packaging, Appliance, and Decorative/DIY.
Our company delivers value to our customers through our integrated turnkey capabilities, rapid turnaround, and innovative and custom product designs. We are in the unique position of delivering year-over-year growth in high-value areas with market-leading companies as the direct result of our talent, performance-focused culture, and commitment to providing an exceptional working experience for our associates, customers, and suppliers.
We are focused on high-value technical tapes and converted parts for a broad group of customers in POP/Retail, e-Commerce Packaging, Appliance, In-home Decor, Construction, and Heavy Industrial markets.
This job description outlines the responsibilities and expectations of the VP, Sales for our B2B customers.
- Meet – and then exceed – revenue budgets for our direct business.
- Effectively lead and develop a team of sales and customer care professionals, including outside and inside sales teams, to overdeliver against expectations.
- Profitably diversify and balance the business through cross-selling, churn/attrition reduction, and maximizing share-of-wallet with strategic accounts.
- As a senior member of the Direct Commercial Leadership team, develop and execute pipeline, forecasting, reporting, KPI’s, and QBR activities and targets.
- Develop clear engagement plans and customer support responsibilities to support year-over-year business growth across all markets and territories.
- Lead the sales team to develop and support an ongoing, credible overall pipeline with medium to high probability of success worth at least $30MM+.
- Collaborate across Specialty Materials sites and functions to deliver efficient opportunity assessment, appropriate product recommendations, and accelerated revenue conversion.
- Understand and leverage ERP and CRM platforms to support performance and analyse and deliver against growth strategies.
- Provide specific strategic account ownership and/or guidance support.
- Leverage appropriate functions and tools to support pricing decisions and optimize profitability. This includes, but is not limited to, working with purchasing, technical, operations and sales to evaluate appropriate market based pricing and relative margin management for both strategic and transactional account proposals.
- Provide timely and complete reporting including but not limited to monthly reports, QBR’s, site reviews, and KPI tracking.
- Proactively identify and implement best practices that accelerate growth and sales efficiency.
- Collaborate with other Specialty Materials businesses to support and deliver cross-selling and other strategies.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience through efficient communication and implementing best practices that enhance the buying experience.
- Work with Marketing to identify and drive marketing communications plans and execution.
- Collaborate with Technical to identify, launch, and effectively sell a robust pipeline of New Products.
- Understand and comply with all Corporate and Business Unit Policies.
- Work in a safe and compliant manner.
- Results driven with high sense of urgency
- Ability and desire to motivate and drive a diverse team to overachieve
- Able to focus and prioritize individual and team activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reasoning and analytical ability
- Embraces changing priorities and business needs
- Effective in engaging and motivating both direct and cross-functional colleagues
- Outstanding personal integrity and ethics
- Understands and easily connects products, technologies, and capabilities across a diverse portfolio of customers and markets
- Demonstrated ability to work across different systems and adapt to new processes
- Enjoys collaborating and working with a diverse group of individuals internally and externally
- Strong foundation in general business concepts, particularly related to pricing, margin, and general economic principles
- Good technical aptitude
- Strong planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Natural curiosity in the products, technologies, market trends, and applications that encompass the business.
Qualifications: Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 7+ years of tapes and/or tape converting sales experience.
- Experience in supporting and closing new business deals valued at greater than $1.0MM USD.
- Multi-year experience leading a team of 5+ sales professionals with demonstrated ability to develop metrics and hold people accountable for delivering results.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with advanced experience in Excel
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience with selective distribution, e-commerce, or general retail is a plus.
- Must be able to travel or other US locations.
- Required to support and visit facilities
- Up to 50% Domestic Travel.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (440) 772-1015.